Chapter 5

Harry chapter 5 

The bell rang and everyone flooded out of the room. Except for Brooke. She stayed at the back of the class talking to the know it all Harmony Cooper. I felt bad for her, Harmony likes to swoop in and get the newbies. I wondered if I should wait up for Brooke and introduce myself. I did end up staring at her for the majority of History. I heard Chris call my name. I ran to catch up to him which was really stupid cause I look awkward when I run. I headed towards the lunch room where I hoped Brooke would be. She was, but of course she had to sit with Harmony and her flock of preppy girls. I prayed that Brooke wasn't like that. I managed to get enough courage to introduce myself. I stood by her shoulder waiting for her to notice me. She looked up at me as if she was annoyed. 

"Erm.. I'm Harry." I said nervously 

"I'm Brooke." She replied 

She smiled at me. I had never felt this way about a girl before. My stomach felt like it was being tied in knots. I didn't know what else to say. I'm Harry! I shouldn't get nervous around girls. Girls should get nervous about me!!

"Oh you're the one that kept staring at me in History..." She said glaring at me now.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to.." I replied embarrassed.

I didn't know what else to say after that. 

"Well nice to meet you." I said as I walked off. 

Nice to meet you?! What kind of lame response was that? I'm Harry! Not some loser who gets nervous. She's completely normal too! Ughhhh it's cause she's American. Yes that's it I assured my self.