Chapter 2

"Please dont leave me, she begged me. She looked like an angel. My dream in her white wedding dress, as she handed me my bouquet of lillies."Levy has agreed to let you live with us," she begged while I tenderly placed a kiss on her forehead. The image in the mirror of the bridal dressing room was of two figures entangled in a embrace, that looked like a goodbye.What a sad bridal party, I smiled through the tears. The wedding day arrived quickly and I had to kill myself a little ever since she told me. I played the role of maid of honor so well that I almost convinced myself that the love of my life is not getting married someone else. But then when we were alone, i felt sad. He wasnt there when we were busy with the wedding stuff. He was never there. But he loomed like a specter.

"I am surprised that he agreed." She looked at me then with the same despair that pierced me. "He knew that his business would always keep him away," she said simply. That did not justify having a bestfriend stay with a newly wed couple. Something about his agreement was not all together all right. He was difficult in general. Always contrary. Uncontrollable, unpredicatable. Levy was second generation gangster. His father Mr G was the bigger gangster in Cape Town. His territory stretched everywhere.He even owned some legal businesses to hide his other activities. Levy was the crown prince of the oldest gang in Cape Town.

"We should go,"Lana said nervously. Levy hated waiting. When I walked down the aisle. He looked relax. Not an ounce of nervousness. His long dark hair was in a ponytail at the nape of his neck. He had a sword tattooed beneath his eye on his left cheek. He always looked dangerous, even in a stupid cream coloured wedding suit.I passed some men with guns outside the church. They were always on guard from an attack from rival gangs.

When I stopped next to the altar. He looked at me and my stomach dropped when he blew me a cocky kiss. He knew about us, the thought ripped me. Shit a macho ultra boss like Levy knew that his soon to be wife was doing it with her best friend. Is that why, he said yes, to me living with them.

Then she walked into the church illuminated by natural sunlight. I looked at her with the reverence that her beauty deserved. Every inch pure angelic beauty. Everyone was captivated by her rare beauty. I felt like hiding her from everyone again. He did not even look at her as she walked down instead he gifted me with an evil smile. It said I own this bitch now.

I took the bouquet of lillies and pretended to listen attentively to the wedding ceremony. The preacher had the same soppy sermon.Levy looked smug, I had the urge to smash in his handsome face. I hated to admit it but he looked hot , with his chiseled features and sexy smile. She still looked nervous though. Finally they kissed and the ceremony  was over. The wedding party walked towards the beautiful farm garden filled with roses, lillies and sunflowers, they bloomed throughout the year, thanks to the gardener's special touch. I stood next to them in the first few pictures. I felt numbed, thanks to my little yellow pills. I could fake a smile, while my heart bled light.

I felt alone, a solitary figure that made small talk. They danced in perfect rythm. I applauded the happy couple.Dizzy from the finished whiskey bottle I walked towards them finally ready to smash in his handsome face. When my feet felt like lead and I fell, he caught me of course .

He took me to one of the guest cottages on the farm. I sobbed on his shoulder. He just held me silently. I dont know how long we sat there in a dark room. I felt like his silence made the pain worse. "You think I am stupid." I said. "Yes, you are a stupid bitch. She used you." he stated. I shook my head and rejected the  truth. "Fuck off. Do you want me," I whispered laughed. "I don't fuck drunk girls ," he said. I threw a glass at his head and he ducked so that it missed. "I will be inside of her tonight and she will beg me for more," he taunted me cruelly. He left then satisfied with the destruction of my dreams.

I felt like my head had exploded when I woke up the next morning. I heard excited chatter outside the door. I stood up to quickly stumble backwards onto the bed. Then I felt him pull me up. "We are leaving." he said. He picked me up easily and carried me to the car. She looked different in the morning light. Was she ever mine. A wild thought flit through suddenly maybe we never existed.

"Kelly are you ockay, she said concerned. I felt  better as I laid in her arms with my head on her lap. He watched quitely in the rear view mirror. I couldn't see the expression in his eyes. He wore sun glasses but that stupid grin on his face said it all...