Chapter 4

"You will be staying in the guest cottage," he said as he led me through a huge garden. The garden was something else to behold. It was filled with exotic plants and trees. The sunflowers were gorgeous. I felt like I was in a jungle. He unlocked the cottage and it was amazing. Spacious with a beautiful kitchen and  decorated with earthly browns in various shades. The bedroom clearly had an African theme. This was meant as place to escape. I wondered if he usually stayed here.I dropped my suitcases on the bed. He lit a cigarette and watched me unpack.

I couldn't resist the urge. "I made you cum so hard, that my back is still scarred ," I teased him. He smiled and blew out smoke. "You are a strange girl. I can't figure you out," he said. He burned me with the scrutiny of his gaze. I looked away first. It was weird when we all woke up this morning. We were all entangled, the three of us. I tried not think about the things we did last night. Lana looked so lonely when we left. I hoped that she would be fine on her own.

"Levy introduce me to your beautiful friend," a woman said. She was refined with traces of grey hair. She moved gracefully even as she entered the cottage uninvited. "Mummy, this is my friend Kelly," he said. "Hello," she smiled. She seemed too polite to ask what her married son was doing with a strange girl.I couldn't recall if she was at the wedding. I doubt it. She was not the type of woman you could forget seeing. "Kelly this is my mom Anne,"he said.

"Dinner is ready. Your welcome to come and join us," she invited. "Thank you aunty Anne. I followed them into the main house. Stylish, the house shouted rich from the designer furniture to the minimilist style of decor. Delicious aroma's floated in the air. We ate silently, when a little girl with curly black hair ran inside the dining room. She climbed on Levy's lap. "Mom, why is Sasha here. I thought you said that Tessa is fine," he said. "Uncle Lee don't be vangry," the little girl was so adorable. She snuggled into his shoulder and he stroked her curls and fed her most of the food on his plate.

"We are leaving tommorow. Relax Lee. I just wanted to make sure that you were not sending us away so that you can play honeymoon with that bitch," his mom said. "You shouldn't call her that," Levy said. "Why not. Your wife is much worse than that," his mom said. Hatred laced every word. What could Lana have done to her mother in law? This was not what I expected.

Levy didnt say anything to defend Lana."Who issss that? the little girl looked at me curiously." She is my friend. Sasha you should be asleep. I ll tuck you in,"he said. He picked her up and took her away."Lana is my friend. Mrs. Martin. Don't make disparaging comments about her character," I said simply. "Sorry but you don't know the real Lana child,she said." Thank you for dinner, " I said and left.

"Kelly wait," Levy said. He caught up with me quickly. "Sorry, she didn't know that you and Lana are  friends with benefits," he said. We stood there quietly for a few moments in front of the cottage. "Why does she hate Lana?" I asked. "That's a story that can only be told by Lana," he said. He kissed me on my forehead. A soft, gentle and akwardly sweet kiss. "Goodnight," he said. He left me with so many unanswered questions...