Chapter 8

"Where are we going? I asked. I expected something special it was my birthday after all. Lana had blindfolded me. It was a perfect day. Levy was away for business and this is the first time that we were alone in months. I could hear water crash against rock. Fresh air tickled my nose. She removed the blindfold and a delicious variety of snacks were displayed on a picnic blanket. Rose buds were strewn randomly on the blanket.

"How romantic," I remarked. Shocked that she would go to this extent. Birthdays were usually not a big deal for us. I never felt like celebrating before, but this year I felt different, like my life could be good. "Kelly, these few months have been so amazing. Levy and us just works. We are so good together. It's perfect," Lana said. "We could leave,"I said."

"Baby, "she cradled my face gently. Her hands were so soft and loving." You know I can't leave Levy. I love him. He is my husband, my life,"she said, every word was like a blow to my heart." Lana,he does'nt feel the same way about you. I have seen how he treats you. He has always acted like you were his mistress and not his wife,"I said. I had to be cruel, my crushed heart made me want to lash out at her.

" Let's forget Levy and just enjoy your birthday. Bestie,"she said.She gave  me a small gift box. A beautiful elegant  silver bracelet with dark blue stones. I hugged her." I love it. Thank you for this, "I exclaimed. The weather was perfect, when we dived in the water for a swim.We enjoyed the lukewarm spring sunshine.

Levy stood outside smoking when we arrived at the house later that day." Happy Birthday Baby, "he said. He leaned over and gave me a  chaste kiss on my cheek. The stubble on his chin tickled me. His familiar smell of tabacco and citronella enticed.

" I thought that we could go out and enjoy some dinner to celebrate, "he said. There was something menacing in the way that he looked at me. I knew that he was angry with me." I am going to shower, " Lana said when she saw how intently he stared at me. We were alone in the living room.
" Why didn't you come?"he balled his fist."You know why. Lana and I were..." I didn't have to finish the sentence. His hands were suddenly around my neck. Big hands, strong enough to crush bones. "I should tell Lana about you not getting enough of me. How we keep fucking when she is asleep or how much you love riding me,"he threatened." He forced my body towards him and kissed me violently, he invaded and conquered.I was scared, our game was starting to get dangerous.....

We were all sated, asleep when I heard a noise outside. The sound of shattered glass woke everyone. Levy stood behind the bedroom door with a gun in his hand. Two masked men burst into the room. I screamed. Levy shot both of them it was a few minutes and they were on the floor bleeding.

Levy 's men rushed into the room. Lana and I were both shocked. Everything happened so suddenly. Levy wounded the one, he could still speak."Kelly go home," he said. He winced, and he was struggling to breathe. My heart bounced erratically, he knew where I was. He found me.....