Chapter 3

"He said we are not going on honeymoon because of the business,"she said. We were sitting in the kitchen. I had made hot chocolate because it was a cold autumn day. Russet coloured was every where outside. Two weeks after the wedding and we have all settled in a routine of some sorts. He came to this house two to three nights of the week. I had learned that he had decoy houses all over cape town in different locations. No expense was spared to ensure that the main house had the best security. I avoided him when he was here .

He made sure that he slept with her. There was peace when he was not here. I loved when it was just the two of us in the house.We jogged together in the morning. I made breakfast. Then I would start with my online classes.In the afternoon we cuddled and had sex. I called them our days but when he was here. I stayed in my room and studied.

I decided to get up and go for a jog very early. He stood in the middle of the kitchen. He had running gear on as well. "We have to talk." he commanded. I nodded my head and followed him outside. He ran at a fast pace but it was easy to keep up with him. I knew that I was in very good shape. There was no way that I am showing any weakness. We stopped   by the waterfall on a mountain trail. For a moment we sat quietly. "Why are the Dirty D's men looking for you? he finally asked me. I felt hot and anxious but responded."Dan is my step-dad. He used me and my mom as his punching bags. One night, he hit her so hard that she suffered brain trauma and died. Dan believed that he owned me.I escaped," I finished my sad tale of doom and gloom.

"I can't risk Lana's safety. I scouted a few others locations but none are as ideal as the one here in Constantia. This is my base, I can't have Dan's men sniffing around here. So for a few weeks you and I are going to stay at the main house with my mom," he said. I immediately felt annoyed." Lana is not going to be good with this. This is just your way of making sure that we aren't together, " I accused him.

" I don't give a fuck about you and Lana. I chose Lana so that I can have my freedom. We have an understanding," he said impatiently. It finally made sense now. He had always known about us. He preferred that Lana is occupied so that he could do whatever he wants." You are a world class evil piece of shit," I said.
His face was suddenly close to mine." Lana scratched my back so hard last night, when she came, that the scar is still there. Do you want to see? She begged me to fuck her," he taunted cruelly.  I slapped him so hard that the sound echoed but he laughed. "Maybe I should let Dan know where to find you. You are definitely not worth all this effort,"he said. I hated that he knew what my biggest fear was.

" When do we have to leave? " I asked." Tommorow morning , the three of us can have a little party before we go. I will make sure to dissappear later so that you and Lana can say goodbye, "he said.

It was akward to say the least. We were sitting in the living room.While he barbecued some steaks on the patio. This was not a scenario that I had planned. How could the three if us party together." Levy is a good guy deep down. "He is just making sure that we are all safe,"Lana said when se see's me sulking quietly. Just then he came in an placed the meat on the kitchen table." Food is ready but before we eat. I have some party favors," he said. He handed each of us two yellow pills. We all took them and suddenly the world became a bright and beautiful place.

We ate and danced. At some point Lana and I kissed. He watched us for a few seconds and then turned towards his room but Lana placed her  hand on his arm and stopped him. She pulled him closer to us. "Stay, she said." Are you sure?" he asked her but he looked at me. I nodded my head and took his hand. We all went towards the main bedroom.