Chapter 5

I woke up to the sound of a child's giggles. A blurry image of a little girl was in front of me."We playing hide and seek," she whispered. "Sasha! someone shouted. I couldn't resist the innocent smile that she gave me. She ran and hid herself in the bathroom. Levy burst into the room." Sasha! he shouted way too loudly. I have never seen him look this anxious . "She is in the bathroom," I said. He rushed in and she ran out. She climbed on the bed and hid behind me. "I want to stay with this Aunty," she half cried. "Sasha grandma is waiting for you," he said. She shook her head. " I am not going if my mummy is not waiting for me!"she wailed. I looked at Levy for an explanation, but he just shook his head. He had dark circles beneath his eyes. I decided to defuse the situation." Sasha can stay with me. I am designing a cover for a children's book today and she can help me. If she is good, we can bake some cookies," I said."Are you sure?She can be pure trouble  sometimes," he said. "I like a little trouble," I said. Sasha smiled she knew that she had won. Levy just shook his head as he watched her.

"That is sooo  beauliful, aunty Kelly,"Sasha said a few hours later. I finished the cover of monkey on the moon. The author was a perfectionist and basically full of shit. Ricardo hated me because he wanted to fuck me and I would not let him. He knew I was the best though. So he used me as the artist for all of his books. It had been fun, when I taught Sasha how to draw a monkey. In fact this had been a very good day. I haven't been around little kids for a while now. I forgot how much fun they were. "I bought us your favorite, princess Sasha," Levy said.He stood in front of the kitchen table. "PIZZAAA! Sasha shouted.

" Gud nite aunty Kelly, Night unc..."Sasha fell asleep on the couch.We just finished the pizza that Levy brought. I threw a blanket over her." Your really good with her, "Levy said." I love kids, "I said." Tessa, my sister is a alcoholic. She was supposed to be released from rehab today but she had a relapse. My mom and I have always looked after Sasha , when her mom's drinking is out of control," he explained." Sasha is amazing. You are doing a great job. She is a lucky little girl to have you. Levy s eyes had a few sparks.Without the sound of Sasha s endless chatting the cottage is very quiet. He took my hand in his. His breath felt warn against the nape of my neck." How is Lana, "I asked him. "Fine," he said. He poured red wine in two glasses and placed a glass in my hand. He sat down next to me and his knee touched mine. I tried to move away but for every inch I moved away, he moved two inches closer. My  body ached for another ride on the wild stallion. He had a cocky smile, he knew that he was a temptation or was he just always this way. It must be amazing to know that you are irresistible.

He stroked my cheek very gently. I hated that he had such a light touch. It was healing, a band aid for the hurt that I buried in my heart. He laid down his head on my lap, so naturally  I stroked his hair. It felt right...