006

Nayeon was startled when Jungkook suddenly appeared in front of her, panting really hard.

"What in the world happen to you?"

"Noona?!! Please, can I look at yesterday's logbook"

"Wae?? Did something happen?"

"Please!!!"

Taken aback with the sudden rise of voice, Nayeon confusedly handed over the logbook.

Jungkook carefully but quickly scanned it and saw that Jimin didn't really came back after going out and that no other familiar names were written after Jimin's log.

So he then asked Nayeon if he could look at the CCTV footage at the 7th floor.

Nayeon hesitantly looked at him, "Jungkook, I can't possibly allow that. I—"

Jungkook cut her off mid-air and insisted with pleading and determined eyes, "Just one look will do... Please..."

"Its... against our protocol..." She slowly answered, which made Jungkook feel at lost. He really needs to see it, otherwise, he can't confirm if his gut feeling is right or not.

Nayeon kept silent for a moment, but after a minute she sighed. Jungkook looked up expectantly when she spoke.

"But... if it's for an investigation then... I can probably make some excuses ..." She said with a smile.

Jungkook's eyes widened and held Nayeons hand saying, "Thank you!! Really... I owe you this one"

Nayeon grinned, "You'll pay for it later Detective Jeon... Nothing in this world is free"

With that, Nayeon gestured him to follow her. They went up the 2nd floor of building one where the monitoring room was located. When they got in, Nayeon immediately approached the guard who was currently looking at the screen.

"Waeyo unnie?" The guard asked without looking back at them.

Nayeon got confused as to how she knew it was her even without looking. She probably saw from the monitor, she thought, answering her own question.

"Yeri, can you do us a favor? Can we look at the copy of yesterday's footage at the 7th floor of building 3?"

The guard named Yeri turned around and gave Nayeon a confused look. She got more confused when her eyes landed on Jungkook who was standing behind Nayeon.

Jungkook noticed that so he bowed, took his ID out and showed it to her.

"I'm here for an investigation" He said in a serious tone.

Yeri raised an eyebrow before looking back at Nayeon who just gave her a simple nod and a smile.

Although still hesitant, Yeri faced the monitor, typed something on the keyboard and a few minutes after, a video started playing on the screen.

On the video was Taehyung, standing at Jimin's doorstep, all dressed and is like talking to someone on the phone. He stood there for a couple of minutes before casually opening the door, as if it was his own apartment.

Jungkook's brows slightly creased and internally pouted when he realized that Taehyung knows Jimin's apartment password and he did not.

He must trust him that much, he thought.

After a few minutes, the two boys went out smiling at each other and headed towards the elevator.

Yeri pressed something again and the location of the video changed into the entrance where Nayeon was fixing her things.