11

"Turn it off!" I groaned, blocking the bright light directed towards me with my small hands.

"You can't turn off sunlight." Jim chuckled, a groggily chuckle that made my heart sink as he threw the soft, warm blanket over my face.

"You just did." I giggled, using my hands to pry away the heavy comforter.

As I sat up on the bed, the purple blanket wrapped around my nude body, everything that happened last night rushed through my head.

"Woah." I alluded, smacking my palm against my forehead as my eyes squeezed shut at the added pain.

I frowned as I recalled everything that had happened. I felt horrible. I never intended to go that far. I shouldn't have told Jim I loved him. I mean, it's the truth and I now know he has identical feelings. But I'm not emotionally or mentally prepared for something like a relationship. I had just gotten out of one, and on the worst terms.

I sighed as Jim came up to me, only wearing the dark dress pants he had been wearing since yesterday's work day.

He placed his finger under my chin, locking eyes with me as a chill was sent down my spine by the emotion in his eyes. He looked so love struck, happy, and beautiful. I sadly smiled at him as he leaned in for a quick peck. I never thought I would be able to make a person feel such a way, but I also never thought it was possible to feel what I felt in the second long kiss. Pure love.

"Now stay up here as I, go make you and Val a surprise." He demanded as he pulled away, throwing on his baby blue dress shirt.

"I'm assuming you're going to make us an atomic bomb then proceed to make us a helicopter." I tried teasing, although I was still hurting intently.

"Oooh! Extremely close. But I wouldn't want to give up the surprise. Also, I don't really want to know what you would use the bomb for." He laughed, starting to button up the shirt which was exposing his toned belly. I blushed for some odd reason as I looked down with a smile, trying to regain my blood.

"Unless you're going down stairs to build me a large remote car or a baby crib because you're pregnant, your surprise has been blown by my incredibly genius of a brain, man." Jim giggled as he looked up at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Not really how it works but okay." He claimed, trying not to push the weird  topic further as he finished buttoning his shirt. Emphasis on the trying part.

"The one time I try to do something romantic, you can't stop attacking me with sarcasm, can you?" He asked with a smirk and he folded up his sleeves.

"Correction, the first time." I added, picking up my over sized sweater from the ground and pulling it over my head, giving me a mass amount of frizz where I didn't want it.

"Hey! I gave you hints." He defended, watching me dress as I laughed.

"You're right. Now go build that crib for your, supposedly, non-existent baby." I said, sighing as I stood up, the sweater warming my thighs.

"You're way more cranky in the morning." He teased as he left my room with a smile. After Jim had been gone for a slight minute, I started to think of ways to tell him I couldn't have a serious relationship.

It's not that I didn't want one because everyone but Jim know I do, but I couldn't. That just wouldn't be respecting Jim or me! I couldn't do that to him. I can't lead him on more than I already have.

As I threw on some black leggings and an uncomfortable bra, I headed out of my room. As I did, I caught Valerie leaving her room with a confused face.

"Jim stayed the night. And now he's making a crib." I explained, regretting my use of our slightly over used inside joke.

"Pardon?" She asked, a wide eyed expression in her face. I laughed as I headed down stairs, Val trudging after me.

As I got to the first floor, the aroma of eggs hit me. Once again, I sadly smiled, knowing what I'd be giving up if I told him we couldn't be an item.

~~~

3RD PERSON

After breakfast, Jim and Lana stayed behind to clean up the slight mess the trio had made over a span of 30 minutes as Valerie backed out, using her homework as an excuse to get out of the obvious, awkwardness filled moment.

As breakfast was going on, there was an obvious feeling of discomfort and awkwardness. The discomfort was from  Jim as he hated awkward atmosphere which is why when he was only a smile child he declared to never let tension build up.

The awkward part, however, was being handed over to Lana as she could only think about what and how she would tell Jim, the boys she had been not only crushing in for over half a year but had fell hard for him in the last couple of months, she wasn't emotionally stable enough to be in a relationship.

She came up with contentions as if it were a debate tournament and the topic was whether or not Lana and Jim could be together.

There were pros as well as major cons, such as the risk of the relationship being one sided, since Lana would only have time to think of other problems (not saying Jim is a problem), and not pay any attention to Jim as she tried to figure out the resolution to her own demons.

But then their were pros, such as...They were meant to be together. No matter what everyone said, what the universe said. They were soulmates and it would always be them against the world. Not Jim against the world. Not Lana against the world. But the two combined. And they would beat the world every time.

Lana had such a hard time and was mentally exhausted from fighting with herself. A large part of her was telling her stay with him, he's the solution to all of your problems. And a smaller pet was saying, you can't be with him Lana. Have some self respect and respect him. You'd only be hurting yourself and Him.

Lana knew the smaller part was right. As was the larger portion. But she had to listen to the smaller piece. It's was heartbreaking, yes. Emotionally exhausting, yes. The worst thing Lana has done in all of her short life, yes. But, she had to do it. If not for her, then her family,that's including Jim.

So, Lana came to the term she would try to tell him in the nicest, politest, mannerisms, way ever. She would start out by telling him everything going on in her life, including yesterday's horrific events with Ryan Howard. And the she would continue to tell him she couldn't be with him. She predicted Jim wouldn't be horribly mad with her and maybe even insult her, she had come to terms with that too. But the reaction she- not only got from Jim, but herself also- completely shocked her.

As she finished up wiping down the white booth like dining table, she walked over to the couch, throwing herself down onto the fairly comfy couch with a sigh.

Jim had caught on to her mood that day, her sarcasm and crankiness at the beginning of the day. And he just couldn't understand the mood after what had happened last night. Unless she didn't like it. Unless she didn't feel the same way. No, that couldn't be true. She told her she loved him. So did he.

As these thoughts rushed through Jim's head, he was getting closer to lana, wrapping his hand around her shoulder. This made Lana's heart break for what felt like the 100th time this morning. Her mood deepened as she sat up, totally confusing Jim as to what had happened. What did he do?

"Okay Lana, since this morning you're entire demeanor has just been crumbling. You're not acting like yourself, tell me what's going on. Is it something I di-" Lana cut him off of his ramble, his tone laced in worry and sadness. She cupped his cheek as she looked at his widened eyes.

"Jim, we need to talk..."

~~~

This seemed like the worst possible way to end a chapter, like ever, but I had to. I couldn't really do one whole scandal in one chapter. Jk, jk. Also, I'm sorry if this chapter gives off like fuck you vibes, ok mental note never spell out or audibly say vibes again, but I'm extremely tired right now and I feel like my inner sarcastic and cranky bitch is coming out and I'm taking all of this out on my character but I guess it's kinda fitting as she had just woken up. And, I mean her mood is like a transition to the actual, emotional moment. Oui. Welp. Any who, im just gonna take the back door out and go to sleep because our savior know I need it. Bye bbs!

Sincerely, your weird author A.J (yes I'm a female)