𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. the lost man

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 - the lost man

━━━━━━━

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 had managed to haul Matthew's unconscious form back to bed, both Olivia and Sister Maggie had been sat waiting with bated breath for him to wake once again, and with the hopes that he would be at least somewhat aware of his actions and surroundings.

The wolf didn't speak a word as Father Lantom entered the room and took the Sister's place, only offering a small, tense nod. Just as Olivia parted her lips to speak, Matt sucked in a deep breath and his hand flew back to his right ear and clutched at it.

The two women shared a brief look and watched silently as his other hand roamed across the bloodied bandaged that covered his torso.

Father Lantom took a few steps forward, his voice was soothing and soft, caressing Matt's aching ears. "Matthew?"

"Father? I didn't know you were there."

Olivia and Father Lantom shared a quick glance before the Father spoke up again, "Olivia's here too."

His eyes widened as they darted around erratically. "Olivia?"

The wolf moved forward and carefully lowered herself to sit on the edge of Matt's bed. "Hey, Matt."

"You're okay?"

"I'm okay.

His head bobbed slightly as he took in her words. The second he had awoken all he could think about were Olivia and Elektra; terrified that they had been crushed under Midland circle. When he had opened his eyes the first time, he had thought he imagined the wolf's soft tone; that his mind was playing tricks on him. The tension that had left his body after the bed had dipped and her voice had filled his senses made his shoulders feel lighter.

The Father drifted his attention between the two, noticing the way Matt's ridged body had relaxed, even if it was only slightly and he certainly didn't miss the sigh of relief that parted Olivia's lips at the sound of the vigilante's voice. He let a beat of silence pass before opening his mouth again;

"It must feel strange to be back here. The place where you grew up."

"I haven't thanked you yet, Father," Matt replied, his voice hoarse.

"Figured we could count on the nuns for their discretion. The nuns know who you are, both of you, but Sister Maggie swore them to secrecy. After she swore at me." He paused and glanced at Olivia, catching the small smile on her lips that grew at the thought of the Sister swearing at the poor man. "If you want to take communion..." He trailed off as he placed a bible on the chair that had practically turned into Olivia's home for the past month. "We could, uh... Or we could just talk."