𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. the lovers of the past

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - the lovers of the past

━━━━━━━

𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 the bar, ignoring Matt as he called out her name, and just to add a cherry on top for the man, she slammed the door shut behind her.

She took a moment to inhale deeply and when she opened her eyes, they latched onto the back of Foggy Nelson's head. His head was in his hands as he muttered curses under his breath, very colorful curses, about Matthew in particular.

Olivia sighed before slowly reaching out an arm and laying her hand on the man's shoulder.

He whirled around in his chair and the moment his eyes fell upon yet another dead face he simply said the words, "You're not going to break up with me too, are you?"

Olivia chuckled before using her strength to pull Foggy out of his chair and into a hug, a hug which he returned with full force. "Oh, thank God" She heard him mutter before he pulled back, smiles on each of their faces.

"Hey, Foggy." Olivia greeted the man with a soft voice.

"You're alive too?"

She chuckled as she took a seat at the bar, "I'm alive."

"What the hell happened?"

Her shoulders slumped as she reached inside of her jacket and procured her wallet, she called the bartender over and ordered both herself and Foggy a glass of bourbon before turning to the man on her left. "How long do you have?"

Foggy scoffed as his mind drifted back to the way Matt had treated him, "I got all night."

With an understanding nod, and a short smile directed to the bartender as he brought the two their drinks, Olivia delved into an explanation. Foggy listened intently as the wolf spoke about everything from when they had disappeared from the precinct to when they had found out about Fisk's return.

The emotions that played on Foggy's face made the woman feel an immense amount of guilt, he lived his life for well over a month believing that his best friend had been killed whilst saving the city.

"I- I would have come to you sooner Fog, but-" She paused as she took another deep gulp of her drink, savoring the burn at the back of her throat, "I didn't want you to have any false hope. Seeing me might've made you think he got out alive and at the time, I didn't know if he was gonna make it."