Chapter 3

The crowded streets of Hope's Peak were only making their survey worse as they could only cover a small amount of ground.

Simply saying they were from the detective agency and making people move would ruin it all and the whole planned operation would amount to nothing in the end. 

Besides, Involving civilians isn't what they had in mind, If a casualty was to emerge from the possible chaos then so be it, It’s not like they could always stop murderers. 

Naegi let out a soft sigh, Leaning against the railing of the bridge that led to the main portion of water which connected to the nearby ocean of the continent. 

“This is getting us nowhere.” He grumbled, Turning his eyes to Kirigiri who was examining several people, Mind overworking at the thought of how anyone could be an enemy.

“That’s not the point, A strategy like this can draw out just who’s the real enemy if they make a mistake at some point.” Her strands of lavender hair blew in the slight breeze as Makoto was now getting lost in staring at the darkened clouds.

“I guess so.”

Hearing this, Kyoko smacked the male.

“Pay attention, Dammit. You came here to solve a case, Not doze off.”

He winced in pain, Pressing a finger to his lips as to show if they really wanted to make progress, Shouting wasn’t the way to go.

“Listen, I’m paying attention. If you really want me to help, I’m trying to focus on a plan to lure them out seeing as it could be anyone.” 

Naegi pulled a city map out of his back pocket, He had used a sharpie to circle the areas that usually have civilians slain in cold blood. Lucky enough it was a bar, alleyways and abandoned buildings that were broken down on the outskirts of Hope's Peak.

“If you haven’t noticed from all we’ve seen, I say we wait until nightfall.” He said with an almost triumphant grin hoping to get some sign of approval.

Kirigiri who was keeping her eyes on the nearby ocean only shrugged.

“Whatever, Can we just-” She paused as her stomach let out a slight growl while her face shone with embarrassment.

“Get something to eat? I know a place we can go to.”  

She let out a mock laugh.

“Is that your form of a joke? I’m perfectly fine!” She huffed, Obviously lying as she was basically running on only the drink she had when she walked into the building hours prior.

Naegi ignored her protest and began walking further towards the middle of town while she reluctantly followed. As much as she disliked him, A bite to eat couldn’t hurt if it made them blend in right?

He eventually led her down to the nearest restaurant with a grin, Naegi wanted lunch. They were not seeing any actual problems right now so a short break was fine.

For the new detective it was a complete pain attempting to get Kirigiri to sit down to order, Blending in is what they wanted to do yet she was being stubborn in his opinion.

“They don't even have a full 100 sanatation rating.” She silently hissed.

“It’s 99, Get over yourself dammit.” Naegi remarked.

A light hearted gasp escaped Kirigiri’s lips as she reluctantly sat at the table, Naegi doing the same.

“See? Just a normal restaurant we can blend in at.” The spiky haired male proclaimed with a slight grin.