1.

Hi, hello. Brandy here!

Here's a story I've been working on. I've enjoyed it, I hope you guys do as well. Without further ado, Delia!
_______________________

I was so excited, honestly truly, I couldn't be happier for my friend. She and Jorge deserved a wonderful life together, and now that he was finally where he wanted to be in his career and her brand was booming, he proposed. It was simple and sweet, just him and her in Tahiti for their ten year anniversary. A long ass time, I know, but they started dating at 16. A couple breaks here and there, naturally, but they never really dated anyone else. It was just them two.

Their love story was what fairytales looked like in real life. I took in a deep breath, the scent of lavender and lemon filling my lungs, as I relaxed deeper into my hot bath. My heart ached, incredibly so, but it felt good to have something to be happy about for once.

I lifted my hand out of the water, bubbles encasing my hands, I waved it about like a fairy, the lights twinkling through them. I brought it to my mouth, and blew some of the bubbles in the air, listening as Raven and Mona gushed about all the bridal festivities.

I tried not to cry, but the longer the conversation carried, the harder it became. Taking in a deep breath, I blew it out, sending the last of the bubbles away and revealing the rock on my ring finger.

It was gorgeous, paid for by my father, a knockout choice by a mediocre, insecure, asshole who got high on the idea of living the good life. A good life he was never going to touch, at least not with my help. So why was I still wearing his fucking ring?

Beats me.

"Delia? You still there, hun?" Raven asked, the line far quieter.

I let my hand submerge back under water, clearing my throat I nodded, "Yeah girly, what's up?"

"Nothing you were just quiet," She hummed, "Mona had to go."

"Okay," I said, trying to act like my normal self, but all this wedding talk reminded me of the fact that I haven't told anyone about my broken engagement. Because the scumbag cheated.

"Are you okay?"

I tried not to laugh, bringing my knees up so they peaked out of the water, the bubbles slowly dwindling. "Yeah, I'm excited to see you guys this weekend."

"So you are coming?" She sounded a little surprised, I didn't blame her. The business kept me busy but this was her wedding, I didn't want to miss anything if I didn't have to.

"Yup, flight leaves tomorrow night."

"Oh awesome," She gushed, "Nixon asked about you."

This time I actually laughed, my eyes rolling as I sank deeper into the water, it hit my chin. "Oh yeah?"

"Mhm, he was hoping you'd be here this weekend."

"Lovely."

She giggled, "Just so you know, I'm totally playing match maker."

"Then match make Mona and Nix. They have explosive chemistry."

"Um, no, no they don't-"

"-Ray-"

"-Babe, don't worry about it. Just get here safe and look hot. Can you do that?"

I smirked, "I can do half." I confirmed before we said our goodbyes and she left me to simmer in my bath water, thinking about that boy.