5.

Two people knew my secret and suddenly, I felt like the happy world I had been pretending to live in was crumbling. Also, I'm pretty sure Nix was in love with me.

"Girl, can you breathe? Damn."

I ignored Missy, eyes glued to the front of the building. We were essentially in a kiss n ride line, sitting behind Mercedes and porches and blah blah, waiting to get to the front so valet could take over and we could go into the airy beach house. The location for Jorge and Raven's joint bridal/groom shower. They were calling it a "broom" shower, they even put it on the invitations. Mrs. Lion's hated it.

"I should be the one shitting my pants."

I looked over at Missy behind the wheel of her Hummer, decked out in a sleeveless lavender, silk wrap dress. She looked effortlessly stunning, make up natural and hair slicked back in a low bun. She was chewing her lip, just as nervous as me, but she was right, I was freaking out because of an assumption.

"You're right, are you sure you want to be here?" I asked, combing my hair to the right. I had gotten a fresh silk press and cut before leaving New York, so it sat around my shoulders now.

She nodded once, "Of course, I love Raven. Besides, I miss Johnny. Getting to see him will be... nice." She admitted, her eyes dropping as she tried not to smile.

I just nodded, keeping quiet because I'm my opinion, this was stupid. She just needed to go in there, tell Johnny she still loves him and that she would apologize by fucking him and giving him a baby too. It was simple really.

We finally made it to the front and were able to get out; a photographer snapped a photo of Missy and I walking in. As we stepped through the doors into the foyer, she grabbed my hand. "Shouldn't you have been here early?" She asked me, eyes darting around the place.

It was packed out with a ton of people I knew from the business world, family friends in the economical sense. I spent the first thirty minutes just greeting people so I wouldn't offend any existing or future associate of Cozula Cosmetics.

Missy had escaped at some point and I later found her out on the balcony, sipping Vodka soda and whispering with Mona. "Are you guys hiding?"

Mona turned around, her hair pulled up into a messy bun, pieces of hair curled and framing her face. She was wearing a white sheer button down dress, a white belt with gold studs cinching in her waist. Her lips were a dark purple, and gold lined her eyes, large gold hoops finished off the look. She was giving us sexy, sexy, unapologetically so.

I took a step back, checking her out, "Damn boo, you look good."

She gave me a cute, over the shoulder pose, "You know, we gotta represent as the only two in the bride tribe." She said, gesturing to me, "You look angelic."

I placed a hand on my hip, serving face real quick as Mona "oo'd". My outfit was simple, white cigarette pants with a lace body suit and a white blazer, my hair down and a natural beat, nude lip and all. "Thanks," I laughed, clasping my hands behind my back, "Let's hope none of these assholes run to my mother and tell her I was dressed like a whore." I deadpanned, eyeing Missy's drink.

She rolled her eyes and held it out to me, "It's nasty anyways."

I took a sip, it was smooth as hell, "It's top shelf."

She pouted, something catching her eye over my shoulder, "I miss the burn of cheap college liquor." She mumbled, not really paying attention to us anymore.

I glanced at Mona who was sipping her champagne and scrolling on her phone, I shifted on my heels. "Has anyone seen Raven?" I had to ask twice because the wind picked up and took my words.