Chapter 6

BETTY'S POV —

When the door opens, I'm on my 'bed' facing away from it, until I see that there's two shadows. I quickly turn around and smile when I see that it's Jughead and Toni. Oh my god. I was just crying like crazy, I probably look horrible. Ugh. Whatever.
J: Hey, are you okay?
I nod but he knows I'm lying and sits down next to me and puts his arm around me. I rest my head on his shoulder, ugh, thank god Toni went over to get him. I already feel a lot better with him here. But then, he pulls away.
J: Let me ask again, are you okay?
B: No, I didn't realize how damaged and broken I was until what happened, and I assume Toni told you?
J: Yeah, she did. You're damaged, but you're not broken, it'll just take time for you to heal from it. No one deserves to go through what you've gone through. But you did, and you have us to help you recover from it.

Oh my god he's so good to me. Sometimes too good. He knows exactly what to say to make me feel better, even if we've barely met.

B: *smiles* Thanks, I really needed that. And thank you Toni for going to get him.
T: Of course Betty, I figured that he might be better at making you feel better than I could. *she winks*
T: I'll leave you guys alone now...
J: Thanks T.

I rest my head back on his shoulder and he pulls me into a tight embrace. Everything melts away. The pain. The trailer. Everything. This was even giving me more relief than cutting myself. We both take a big sigh and I can feel him relax. He suddenly pulls back.

B: Are you okay?
J: Yeah... I'm just worried about you.
B: Jug...
J: I just don't want you to have to go through this... but of course the best people go through the worst things.
J: I will always be here for you Betty. No matter the time. I don't care. I'll-

I don't know why I wanted to do this, but I did. I just hugged him tightly (a/n: haha you thought lol). He was surprised at first, but then wrapped his strong arms around me. I leaned my head against his chest.

B: Thank you Jug.
J: Of course Betty.

He hugs me tighter and he feels me relax.

J: I've said this multiple times, but I'll be there for you. Always.

JUGHEAD'S POV

B: You're the best.

I could feel myself blush but thankfully Betty's head is leaning against my chest, so she didn't see it.

B: Thank you Juggie.

Did she just call me Juggie? Normally, I would hate those baby names, but coming from her, I liked it. But, I can't. She needs someone to be there for her. She doesn't need a relationship. But I'll be there when she does. I re-adjust my grip on her and hold onto her tightly in my arms. I never want to let her go ever again.