Chapter 36

— TONI'S POV —

Okay, so yes, I am happy that Betty was able to get a master key, and that I can get there through the vents. On the other hand, I don't really wanna go in the vents again, but I need to do this. For Betty. For Jug.
Okay. I take a deep breath and have one of the serpents in my group lift me into the vent. Thankfully, I don't have to crawl as far as I did to get to the security cameras to get to the room. I get to the first vent and unscrew it. I see how Fangs knew. She scratched the floor saying that she had been there. I see an arrow and some small writing above it.
I slowly let myself into the room and look at the small writing. Ohhh so that's how he knew. It says:
master key under here
I look under the chair that the arrow is pointing to and there it is. The master key.

*over earpiece*
T: Got it.
S: Betty for the win.
J: She's amazing.
F: Aww... cute.
J: Please stop.
F: Sorry....
*off earpiece*

I climb out of the room, screw the vent back in, and climb out of the vents, my group catching me.

*over earpiece*
J: Okay, I'm going to drive the truck over to the South West corner, but remember, I can't get too close with it, so everyone'll have to go past the fence and go around to meet me.
All: Okay.
*off earpiece*

A few minutes later, we were all there with Jug, the closest to Betty he could get with the truck without going past the fence. Jug looks flustered and worried. I tap his shoulder and hug him.

T: Hey, it's okay, you can do this.

He pulls away.

J: *takes deep breath* Okay. *sighs* Let's do it.

— BETTY'S POV —
(time jump back about 30 minutes)

I slowly gain consciousness and there are two people in here along with the guards that attacked me.

?: What the fuck? Seriously?
??: She deserved it!
?: What did she do to you?
??: Nothing... I guess...
?: We need her ALIVE!!
??: I'm sorry boss... hey look! She's awake!

The other one turns around on their feet and I recognize the one that was apologizing was the one who put me in here and I don't recognize the other one. They walk over to me.

B: Where am I? Who are you guys?
??: Well, this is...
?: *to "??"* Shut up.
??: Sorry...
?: I'm not telling you where you are, but I'm Malachai, and this is-
??: Dillon.

(a/n Dillon means loyal, like loyal servant)

M: WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT INTERRUPTING ME!!!
D: Sorry boss...
M: Ugh. Now, any questions?
B: Well, yeah, I got about a billion questions.
M: Shoot before I lose my patience.
B: Well, why am I here?
M: You probably already know this, but you're close to the Serpent King.
B: What are you talking about?
D: Has he never t-
M: SHUT UP!
M: Wait, actually continue.
D: Has he never told you?
B: What?
M: *laughs maniacally* Oh my god, he hasn't! This is amazing!
B: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!!!

____________________________
Word Count: 534
Hope you liked this. I know it's not that interesting, I just needed a sort of filler part. Some real a** kicking in the next few parts!! I haven't written them, but the next part might also be a small filler part, but I PROMISE that there will be some action soon.

Love y'all 💜💜

~ Alexa 💕