45. dead end

Sorry for the late update

Sorry for the late update... again 😩 I've just been so focused on streaming and voting

・*゚:*:✼✿ • ✿✼:*:*・

Sehyoon huffs with exhaustion as he continues to run, or jog more like, down the long dark pathways of the castle. And it proved quite the challenge because now not only did he have to carry his still unconcious younger brother who was a good couple inches taller than him but he also had to drag along a disoriented San.

Sehyoon grunts and leans on the wall momentarily in order to catch his breath, he quickly wipes the small beads of sweat building on his forehead then he picks up running again, taking San by his wrist. San just followed, completely numb and dazed. His mind still not quite grasping what he just witnessed a few moments ago.

His eyes were glazed over and dry chapped lips parted as he struggled to keep up with Sehyoon. His cheeks and nose were a furious red and his eyes bloodshot from his hard crying.

There's no way. Yeah, this is all just a dream. There's no way he's actually dead. Impossible. Yep, I'll wake up any moment now and be back in his room... in his arms.

He digs his fingernails into his palm in order to wake himself up. C'mon wake up. Wake up.. wake up! He squeezed his eyes shut and kept mentally screaming but when he reopens them he realized the nightmare wasn't a nightmare. It was real.

Tears rose to his eyes again and he let them fall. "H-hyung.." He croaks out. The male who was still holding his wrist glances back at him in question before looking forward again.

"What is it San? We have to keep moving. Ugh it's gonna be hard to get out of here. They're at every exit. Shit-"

"He- He's really dead.. isn't he?" San cuts him off as more tears spilled out of his eyes. Sehyoon looks as San once again but this time with sympathy.

"It d-doesn't matter San. First things first, we have to get out of here ok? Mingi and and that pixie kid must be waiting at the border by now. C'mon" He continues moving, pulling San along as well.

Suddenly a voice yells out to them from behind. "Over here! I found them!" The vampire notifies his colleagues and Sehyoon quickly picks up in a panicked run.

"Crap" He mutters under his breathe. He turns into a different hallway in order to try and shake them off but it was no use he could still hear the loud footsteps of at least 7 men close behind them. Within a second though, one of them speeds forward and pushes them causing Sehyoon to fall forward with Yunho's body sliding across the floor and hitting the wall. San merely stumbled forward and fell on his knees.

The man reaches for San but Sehyoon was quick to take out a small wooden pencil sized piece of wood from his boot then threw it right into the vampire's eye. The man screamed and placed his hand over his bleeding eye.