Part 5

~1 Month Later~

Katniss

Since that night in the cabin I couldn't stop thinking about Peeta. We met a few times in town. I caught a glance of his eyes, and he stole my heart all over again. He will always have my heart. I don't ever want to forget our time at the lake. Our love...

Me and Peeta still kept on meeting each other in the cabin. We just can't help it. We try to make it as quick as possible however enjoying every little second with each other, making it last forever in our hearts.

Oh how I wish it could be real. How I wish we could just live our lives normally as any other properly married people, own our own house and even expand our families...

Gale has been very distant to me. More detached, if you will. I don't know why really. I just leave it alone most of the time. Whenever I ask him, he blows it off and ignores me. He'd been like that since that night I spent with Peeta. When I came home in the morning after he wouldn't look at my face, he wouldn't say a word to me unless it was necessary. I guess deep down he knew that I had done much more than spend the night somewhere else.

I don't want to get even more unhappy with him. I just keep Peeta in my mind, instead of him yet I can't keep this up with him. I can't leave Gale as much as it would break my heart to stay. The District would shun me and my family and all hell would break lose to anyone who knows me. The rumors would be terrible. I could never leave my house and show my face in the District anymore. Let alone what the authorities would do to the both of us. Even more if I left Gale to be with Peeta.

My dreams of Peeta are interpreted for the millionth time this month from being sick. I rush out of bed and to the bathroom. I hate to be sick. It's God-awful. The only person who can really help in the medical field is my mother. And I hate to go home. I still will never forgive her. Never.

Gale pounds on the bathroom door and tells me to go see my mother already. This has been going on at odd hours of the day and night. He was there when it was first happening. At least to as much as he could stand. He gave up and just left me to it after the first week. I don't really care about it anymore. I'll just wait it out the way most people do in 12. Die, or survive.

I have a strong will over my mind and body. I have since nearly I starved to death, I can tell myself to not be hungry, get over an illness, or stay up or stay asleep. So I will just do the same thing. With whatever this is... But I do hope it is over soon.

The wave of sickness passes finally after an hour full of hell. I get up and wash up. I leave the bathroom and Gale is gone. I put on some comfortable clothes and head downstairs, clutching the railing and my aching head. Gale is in the kitchen getting ready to leave for the mines.

"Hey..." I say, quietly.

"Hi." He says, with a huff.

I ignore it and grab a mug from the counter. I pour a cup of coffee from the pot he made.

"You need to see your mother. I don't know what is wrong with you, but I'm done. It's like you're pregnant or something, and we never touch one another." He says annoyed. "Go today, or I'll drag you there myself."

Before I can say anything, he slams the garage door. Sweet as always.

A wave of dread runs through me. I can't be.... I can't be. I tell myself that until the thought is out of my head. I will not allow myself to think of that outcome. My life would be hell. I can't be a mother. I'm only 18. Sure most everyone when they are Reaped have their Toasting Ceremony, then dive right on into intimacy. Gale and I didn't which lets only one option free.

'Peeta..... Oh God... No... No, no no. This can't be happening!' I panically think.

I put my mug in the sink and raced back to our bathroom. I rummage through the drawers and eventually stumble on what I need. I hurriedly read through the instructions and do what it says. I pace back and forth in the bathroom. Probably so fast I could make a rut in the floor. I hear the timer go off and then take a deep breath.

'God if this says what it is....' I think.

I flip over the test and keep my eyes closed for a moment. I take a deep breath and swallow hard. I open my eyes and then my hands. Slowly let my fingers away and see the result. My heart nearly jumps out of my chest. I drop it to the ground with a clatter and grip the sink edge. I cover my mouth to keep my screams of horror inside of me.

'I'm pregnant....' I think. 'These things can be wrong, right? Mother told me sometimes they are. The Capitol has faulty things, right? Right?'

Peeta...

He'd told me how much he wanted a family. Our own family.

My hand unconsciously falls on my lower abdomen. I keep on imagine our lives if we weren't in a such complicated situation. The tears blurs my vision and fall like twin waterfalls on my cheeks and before I know it I am sobbing hysterically.

I need to tell him. He deserves to know he is going to be a father. And I am going to be a mother. A family.

What am I going to do? Gale is no idiot. He knows that even if I slept with him this baby would never be his. What would happen to this baby? To me? To Peeta?

I don't even wipe the dried tears on my face before I slam the bathroom door up to go to the bakery and meet Peeta. Or was if I hadn't bumped into the broad chest of Gale.

"Ow! Pay attention to where you're going!" He says.

"I'm sorry" I say, keeping my head lowered. I can't bear to look at him.

Before I can continue my journey to the bakery, Gale grabs my arm and makes me look at him.

"What happened? Tell me" It isn't a simple question. It is an order.

"Nothing" I say and try to free myself from his grip. He grips even harder, hurting a little bit.

"Ow! You're hurting me" I say. He doesn't bother though. I try not to look at him again but he grabs my jaw and now i can't look anywhere but his grey eyes.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?"

I say nothing.

"Answer me!" He yells and I close my eyes before they can give me away.

"ANSWER ME!" He shouts and I feel the tears streaming down my face again.

I know that if I don't answer I would receive much more than screams. So I nod. Faintly but he catches it as his grip on my arm increases even more and I fear for myself.

He wouldn't hit me, would he? No he wouldn't he's my best friend. My husband. Even if we don't love each other that way.

"I knew it! You cheated on me!" He lets go of me leaving my arm bruised. "And now you're pregnant with another man's baby!"

He's crying now. I'm crying.

"I'm s-sorry" That was all that I could manage to say through my sobs.

"But I love him. I love him so much! I mean- I love you too but not like that. It was never like that. I love you like my big brother, my best friend I can always count on. We were never supposed to be together like this!'" I am now screaming. He needs to understand that we can't simply choose who we love. That I couldn't. And I could never.

And before he can say or do anything else, I leave the house that I once called home with the man that I once thought could be my home.

Sorry it's short! All we got in out heads! Hope you liked it! We did! More will come soon! What will happen next?!? Stay tuned! We really like this book, and thank you for the love and support! Until the next chapter! Plz leave a vote and a comment! Lots of love! ❤❤❤

-Zeffie and Fanight! ^~^