Visitors

(A/N) Some of the dialogue from this chapter is taken from the movie Thor: Ragnarok and is copyright of Marvel. I do not own that dialogue and it is not my own. I am simply showing how Kate would affect the universe and the situation at hand.

I pulled the permission slip out of my folder, looking it over. It was a field trip for MOMA, the Museum of Modern Art. I heard breaking and rustling in the sanctum, but I figured it wasn't important, as stuff moved around all the time, especially the relics.

I walked out of my room and down the stairs when something went flying past my face at a high speed. It probably would've killed me had I taken one more step at the wrong time. "Whoa, hey, that thing almost killed me!" I exclaimed, looking to my father and his visitor. My eyes widened a bit when I saw who it was, but I quickly regained my composure and hoped he wouldn't recognize me.

"What is it, Kate?" My father asked.

I looked to my father. "Oh, if your busy, I'll be back later," I said, pivoting to head back up the stairs.

"No, I'm just finishing up."

I sighed a bit, walking down the stairs and handing him the paper. "We're going on a field trip to MOMA and I need your signature is all."

"Sure," he replied, grabbing a pen and signing it before handing it back to me.

"Thanks dad," I replied.

That's when Thor spoke up. "You're dead."

My attention snapped up to him, but I played dumb. "Excuse me?" I asked. "Is... that a threat?"

"No, no, I saw you die!" He exclaimed. "I was beside you!"

"I don't think we've met, Mr. Thor... You must be mistaking me for someone else."

"You're Loki's bride!"

"What!?" My father said, looking to me. I gave him a fake look of confusion, which seemed to do the trick. He looked back to Thor. "I think you have the wrong person. My daughter has never met you or your brother."

"She has! She's met our father too! She got married to Loki in Asgard!"

I shook my head, still plastering my face with confusion. "I don't think so," I replied.

"Nevertheless, it's time for you to go," my father said.

Thor looked at me with a serious tone, but let it go for the moment. "Yes, I suppose I'll need my brother back."

"Oh, yeah, right," my father said, as if he'd forgotten about Loki. He opened another portal with his sling ring, Loki falling through and onto the ground.

He landed with a loud "oof", then took in a few deep breaths before speaking angrily. "I have been falling... For thirty minutes!!!"

"You can handle him from here," my father said.

"Yes, of course. Thank you very much for your help."

"Good luck."

"Handle me?" Loki said standing up. "Who are you?" He asked as he looked at my father, then he caught a glimpse of me. He looked around, and I knew he put two and two together. I moved my hands, hoping he'd notice I was still wearing the ring on my left middle finger.

"Loki, isn't that your bride?" Thor asked.

My father rolled his eyes. "Are we still on this?"

"No, that's not her. Why would you bring that up?" Loki asked, fake glaring at me.

"She has quite a resemblance, even the same name."

"It's not her!" He exclaimed. "It's probably just some sorcery trick this wannabe is doing to fool us!" He said, pointing to my father. I noticed he was still wearing his ring on his left ring finger, probably customary in Asgard.

"Alright," my father said, having had enough. "Buh-bye." He swiped the sling ring portal toward them, then they disappeared and the portal dissipated.

I sighed and walked up the stairs.

"Katelyn," my father called. I turned to look at him once more. "What were they talking about?"

"I don't know," I replied. I knew I could get away with it as long as he didn't force it out of me. There was only one way he could do that.

"Where's your cloak?" He asked, the very question I was afraid of.

"Uhm, on," I replied, my cloak shifting into its original form from a sweatshirt. "Why?"

"Bring it here," he said. I walked down, taking the cloak off. It hovered in front of my father. He took it, then wrapped it around me. "Now, have you ever met Thor before?"

I was compelled to tell the truth, but I tried to find a way around it. "Yes, just now." I cursed my cloak's ability to get the truth out of people.

"Oh? Is that the only time?"

Suddenly, I didn't have to tell the truth anymore. My cloak wasn't obeying my father. I kept a straight face. "Yes," I replied. "This is the only time I've ever met him."

"What was he talking about, you being Loki's bride?"

"I honestly have no idea," I lied. I only did it to protect myself. If my father knew what truly happened, he would freak and never let me out of the sanctum again. He'd use his sorcery to keep me in check and take all of my sorcery away as well.

"Katelyn," He said seriously. "Are you lying to me?"

"No, because you're using my cloak to make me tell the truth," I said.

He looked at me skeptically, but seemed satisfied. He let go of my cloak, which readjusted itself on my shoulders, then shifted back into a hoodie. "Go finish your homework."

"Okay," I replied, walking calmly up the stairs. As I looked down to my hand, I sighed at my ring. I shut my bedroom door behind me, thinking again of my adventures on Asgard. "You owe me big time, Pablo," I whispered, humoring myself.