Crash

(A/N) Some of the dialogue from this chapter is taken from the movie Avengers: Infinity War and is copyright of Marvel. I do not own that dialogue and it is not my own. I am simply showing how Kate would affect the universe and the situation at hand.

"Hey, what's going on?" Peter asked as he and I walked over to Tony and my father.

"I think we're here..." My father said, looking at the display before us.

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function," Tony stated, walking over to one of the steering mechanisms. "Get your hand inside the steering gimbal. Close those around it," he addressed Peter, who did as he was told.

"Okay," Peter replied.

"You understand?" Tony questioned.

"Yep, got it."

"This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta move at the same time."

"Okay, okay, ready," Peter said, focusing on the display.

I walked over to my father, ready for my own instructions, watching the display of the planet getting closer and closer to us. "Kate, I'm going to teach you a spell, ready?"

"Is this really the best time for that?!" Tony exclaimed.

I focused on my father, who showed me the moves. I replicated his moves, but nothing happened. I started to panic. "I can't!"

"Yes, you can. Come on, Kate!" My father encouraged.

"We might, uh, wanna turn! Turn! Turn! Turn!" Peter exclaimed, trying to steer the ship with Tony. Tony activated his mask, as did Peter as we started our decent.

"Now, Kate!" My father and I went through the motions, casting a shielding spell to keep us all safe. He held steady on it, encouraging me. "Kate, you can do it. Hold out on it!"

"I'm... trying..." I said through grit teeth, focusing on holding the spell for as long as possible.

As we reached the planet's surface, the impact jostled us. My father and I stood firm, not letting ourselves be thrown to the ground. The ship finally settled, allowing the spell to dissipate. "You alright?" My father asked Tony, walking over to help him up.

I took in a deep breath, then pivoted to find Peter. Turned out he'd been thrown quite a ways away. I used my cloak to fly over the half-wrecked ship to find him. When I did, I found him standing and brushing himself off. My cloak let me down on the ground a few feet from him, in which I closed the gap between us, smiling as I all but fell into his arms. "Peter!" I breathed, happy he was alright.

"Kate, that was awesome!" He exclaimed, hugging me tightly. "I mean, your magic. I've never seen you do anything like that before." He pulled back to look at me, smiling.

"That's because I haven't done anything like it," I said with a small laugh. "Dad taught me on the spot, remember?"

"You almost didn't get it," Peter teased with a small chuckle.

"Come on, let's go find Mr. Stark and dad. They're probably ripping each other's heads off."

"Yeah, probably," Peter replied with a sarcastic tone, rolling his eyes. We started to walk when we heard voices coming from the entrance. "Aliens?" he whispered. I shrugged, not sure myself. He activated his mask, then moved to the ceiling, allowing himself to "drop in" on my father and Tony's conversation. I hovered next to him using my cloak. "Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something and I eat one of you, I'm sorry."

"I do not want another single pop culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip, do you understand?" Tony scolded.

"I'm trying to say that something is coming," Peter replied.

Just then, something rolled to the center of us and exploded. It sent all four of us flying in opposite directions as invaders attacked.