CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The next morning Cain picked me up for school. Hero was giving me side looks the whole day until lunch. At lunch I went over and sat at my usual seat next to Hero.

"Wgat are u doing?" he asked confused

"What do you mean, I'm sitting in my seat" I said

"Oh, so you left your poor boyfriend to be by himself, ha" he said

"God what's wrong with you" I said disgusted and went over to Cain. I sat on his lap and looked at Hero, he was watching my moveemnts with clenched fists.

I sad at Cain's table talking with his friends and fake laughing, being sad inside.

The bell rang and I went to my next class, the one I have with Hero. I walked into the classroom looking at my feet. I sat in my usual seat, next to Hero, not talking to him and staring right ahead at the blackboard. 

"So Candy cane boy is a rebound for that Toronto guy ha?" Hro asked trying to make me mad.

"Wow, that's the best u can come with?" I said trying to brush it off

"No, I just wonder what u see in that candy cane boy, I bet he would cry like a baby if I poke him with a finger" He said smirking

"You know, ever since he asked me out you have been acting like an ass towards me."I said coldly, looking at the professor acting like I'm paying attention. 

"I've been acting like an ass!?" he slightly raised his tone

"Mr. Tiffin, is there something you would like to share with the whole class?" He said angry

"No" Hero said, took his stuff and with a clenched jaw walked out of class slamming the door behind him. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was friday, the last day of school before the winter break.

The school finished and hour ago and I was sitting on a bench outside waiting for Cain who was supposed to pick me up. Hero was standing in the parking lot with Samuel smoking a cigarette. God damn he looked so hot, Oh God Loren don't think about that. I turned around as I heard a girl giggling.There was some guy kissing her neck.

"Cain?!" I yelled at him whitch caused Hero and Sam to turn around and my way. 

"No wait baby it's not what u think" He said

I slapped him and turned around to go home, too ashamed to look up as Hero and Sam were standing there and saw everything. 

"You bastard!" I heard Hero yelling. I turned around and saw Hero beating the living life out of Cain. "Get in the car Loren I'm driving you home" He said. I opened my mouth to say something but Sam just shook his head and led me to the car.

I got in the car, waiting for Hero who was talking with Sam. I was looking out of the window, eyes filled with tears when Hero came in.

"I'm sorry that happened" he said after some time 

"Would you stop lying, why would you even care?" I said trying to act strong

"Because you're my friend and I care about you" He said

"Well u have a nice way of showing it"I said and rolled my eyes

We were getting closer to our home and I was thanking God that I don't have to sit in his car with him anymore.

"Damnit Loren I care about you, I like you" He said flushed 

"Yeah I like you too" I said shocked and hurried out of the car into my house.