CHAPTER FIVE

„Loren, Tom  little buddy, wake up, we came home" somebody said and shook my shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw Hero. Tom dind't want to open his eyes, so Hero picked him up from my lap and went inside the house to put him in his bed. Carol helped me take my luggage inside and when i entered the dining room my dad squized all the air out of me and picked me up.

„Hi dad, I can't breathe..." I said

He put me down and went in the hallway to put my suitcases in my room. We all ate late lunch because George and Martha wanted to wait for me to come home.

„So, how are things in Toronto?" asked dad

„Oh, same old, grandma is good, auntie is good, really nothing changed" I said

„Did you went to vacation with Gabe this summer?" he asked again and I just nodded

„So am I going to be a granddad?" he asked with a smile on his face because he was soo enjoying to provoke me.

I was drinking my water when se asked that, so I almost choke and yelled „Dad!" at the same time Carol yelled „Tony!"

Again, he was just laughing like it was nothing.

„You know daddy, I was thinking, you remember our little games we used to play when Tom was little that would annoy Carol and grandma?" I asked with a fake sweet smile.

I noticed Hero looking my way the whole ime. I looked him in the eyes for a few seconds before looking back at my dad.

„Yes... what about them?" my dad asked slightly confused

„If you don't stop, we will have a war in this house, you know, living with two boy cousins that prank you everyday, just gives me chances to be one step ahead and know your every move" I said smiling at his way.

„Oh God, not the war again" said Carol face palming herself.

„Oh no, don't worry Carol, daddy this is just a warning" with that said, I got up and went to the kitchen to get myself a cup of water. While I was leaving, I saw Hero smirking at me and checking me out.

I drank water and went back to the dining room. I heard my phone ringing. I went in the living room where I saw Tom take my phone from me and running in the dinning room. I runned after him because I saw that Gabe was calling.

"Tom, give me my phone back! now!" I said, he was around the table and I couldn't come towards him in any way, we could just go in circle. He was standing behind Hero now. Everybody's attention was on us now.

"Tom, give it back, the future son in law is calling" said dad

"You're not helping dad!" I said.

In one quick motion Hero took my phone and handed it to me.

„Thank you" I said as I went out on in he back yard to talk to Gabe.

"Hey baby" he said.

"Hey" I said back

"How was the flight" He asked

"I slept the whole time hahah" I said and laughed

"Well I wanted to give you the news... I got accepted in college in Toronto" he said

"Oh my God Gabe! I am so happy for you!" I said

"I know right... Mom's calling for dinner. I love you and I miss you. Ok?"

"Ok, I love you too" I said and hang up.