chapter 1-Meeting His Family

Shakthi's POV

I just finished the day's work and as I opened the door of my navy blue Skoda Laura, I received my mom's call.

"Yes, mom?" I asked, answering the call

"Shakthi, where are you? Have you started from your office?" mom seemed to be really tensed.

Her voice was all panicky.

"Mom, relax!! I've just started" I replied, turning the ignition on which brought my car to life.

"Go home, wear a nice Saree( a garment consisting of a long cloth wrapped around the body with one end draped over one shoulder, worn by women chiefly in India) and come to Kabaleshwar temple" she commanded.

"Why mom?" I was totally confused.

"We have chosen a guy for you", she paused.

That explains it all!! The guy's family will want to see me and that was why I was called to the temple. I already became edgy!!

Ooh God!! Please help me! I silently prayed.

"Hello? Shakthi! Hello?" mom started to panic due to my lack of response.

"uh..mom.." I tried to hide my nervousness.

" Shakthi, listen! Be a brave girl and take deep breaths and you will be alright. Okay?" she sounded convincing.

I took a few deep breaths and it did help me a little. "Okay mom! Will see you in a few minutes" and I hung up quickly.

I accelerated the car beyond the speed limits and this was the most nerve wrecking

drive I've ever had in my life. I had never imagined or seen a man from the perspective of a husband. This was going to be my first time.

My parents had been after me for a long time, to get me married. I kept making excuses, because I wanted to focus on my career and achieve something in life before I get committed into a relationship. But, they kept pestering me to get married, and so, I gave in a month ago; now they have already found my match.

A good background research of the family and verification of the match in all other aspects was usually followed by the step of making the girl and the guy meet. So the last step to fix the marriage was the approval from the guy and the girl and that was going to happen today. I totally trust my parents in this. I was sure they won't make a dumb ass of a man, my husband, will they?? Will I like him?

Soon I reached home and rushed to the washroom. I had a quick shower and dried myself. I opened the closet and stood before it. I was just so confused of what colour saree I should wear.

Maybe a blue..yeah..no..

Maybe a red..no..

I then settled with my favorite colour; purple.

I grabbed a nice looking purple saree and neatly draped it. I wore my accessories, which was nothing more than a big jhumka earing that went matched my saree . My neck was always adorned with a necklace that had a small heart shaped pendant, which my parents had gifted me for my sixteenth birthday.

I side braided my long black hair, stroked the waterline of my eyes with kajal, glossed my lips and this was my usual way of getting dressed up. There was nothing special.

I was sure about one thing and that was, I was not going to change myself for anyone. This was my usual self, if he doesn't like me this way, then be it!!

After getting dressed up, I had one final look at the mirror. My saree was neatly draped, sticking to my curves, revealing my flat stomach a bit. I was really satisfied with the results of my workouts at the gym. I adjusted the pallu one last time and left after grabbing my phone, wallet and car keys.