chapter 4-Something Fishy

"Hmm" I moaned, purely enjoying the breeze.

As I turned to lean on the other side of the door, I was shocked to see him standing in front of me and from what I saw, he was equally shocked. It was Gautham! It was real!

He looked entirely different. He was dressed in a black denim jean with a red polo t shirt and his taut muscles were clearly displayed, making my jaw drop to the ground. His hair was messy from the wind, which passed through his dark hair. I felt his eyes moving over my body, making me self-conscious.

Suddenly, his husky and deep voice made me come out of my thoughts.

"Why are you here??" he asked, raising his eyebrow which was sexy.

But wait! Did he have a problem with me standing near the entrance of the compartment or did he have a problem with me being on the train itself? Either of those shouldn't be bothering him!

"Excuse me?? Is it your father's property??" I asked, irked.

He smirked and it couldn't get cockier! What made him smirk? I was rude to him, but he was smirking? This man had a confusing personality!

"Bold, are we?" he mocked and it made me roll my eyes.

I didn't feel like prolonging this conversation anymore, because I felt totally restless being around this man! He was so intimidating that it sent chills down my spine! Was I really ready to get married to him??

When I just turned on my heel to leave, his voice stopped me again.

"Are you traveling alone?"

I again turned to face his tall figure "No! I am with my family. We are going to our native and you apparently know the reason?" I explained, folding my arms across my chest.

"Of course, our wedding" he scorned, air quoting those words and the mark of sarcasm didn't escape my ears.

"Why, the sarcasm??" I was truly baffled

"Did it sound like that? I wasn't being sarcastic" he lied, outright.

I definitely smelt something fishy. If he was hiding anything from me, he had to tell me. I was not a girl who would put up with nonsense.

"Should I be knowing something??"I asked, looking directly in his eyes

His body visibly tensed, but he quickly covered it up with his reply "Of course not"

Maybe, I was expecting a little too much from him for a third meeting!

But, I made a note to talk to him about it after our wedding even if it was going to ruin our lives. I may sound rude, but let's face it; it was my life that was at stake!

He started to shuffled, clearly being on the edge.

I decided to ask him something else to cheer him up "So, what made you think that I was traveling alone??"

"I thought that you were going for some outstation audit"

His answer made me laugh my ass out and my stomach started to hurt so badly.

He was puzzled looking at my reaction. He gave me an amused look "What is it?? Why are you laughing so much?"

I stopped laughing for a moment.

"You thought that I would leave for an outstation audit with my wedding just five days away??

Whom would you marry then?" oops! The words were already out!

Why would you ask that?

"Yea, right" he rolled his eyes.

Maybe, I should just leave.

Thank God for the yawn that escaped my mouth, if not for that I would have faked one in a few minutes.

"Looks like you are sleepy! You go and catch some sleep. We will meet soon!"

"Yea ...soon!" I yawned again while he smiled at me. Not waiting any longer, I left the place.

Not bad! For once we had a decent conversation. It was indeed a good start, but there was something that was eating him up. I was not going to force it out of him. He had to trust me and tell it himself. I know that trusting someone was not a joke, it takes time and it looked like we had all the time in the world.

The hectic night came to a peaceful end.

***

It was then my mom's loud voice that woke me up.

"Shakthi! We will reach within 20 minutes, dear! Wake up"

Where are we supposed to reach?

 I was in a train traveling to my native place! How could I forget it !

In no time we arrived at our destination.

It was thirty minutes past seven and the sun was shining bright, making the morning a lot sunnier.

We carried all the luggage into the house and the house was in the same condition that we had left it in.

I was dying to see my house. It wouldn't be my house in a few days. I had to leave it and go to some other house which I haven't even seen . I felt dejected as the realization started sinking in me.

All of them retired to their rooms to get dressed up for the day.

Elders had so much of work to do while my cousins and I spent the day clicking pictures, playing and having fun.

It was a nice feeling that I had missed for a long time. The same way other days flew by.

***

I was having a nice and a sound sleep which was interrupted by my aunt. I heard her shouting" Wake up, Shakthi! It's four already "She yelled

Oh God! This was The Big Day . I wouldn't say that I was waiting for it. But still, it made me timid.

I just hope that you all are liking it. Please keep reading ,voting and commenting.