chapter 10-Jealous,was he?

Shakthi's POV

"I want a separate room" suddenly, the words echoed through the silent room

I waited for him to react as the words escaped my lips

He looked bemused

Did I by any chance talk in Greek or Latin?

Why was he giving me this kind of a look?

"Gautham,I told you that I want a separate room" I tried to explain again

He again started munching on his pizza as if he understood my demand, only now.

"All the rooms are yours, Shakthi. We can choose any room"

It didn't look like he understood what I told.

"No no..it's not that! Actually, I don't want to share a room with you. I want to have my own".

It was basically; I didn't want to breathe the same air that he breathes. I didn't want to share my bed with this cheater!

Alright, I was not going to accuse him until I knew the entire truth. But, I didn't want to share my bed with him, until I knew the truth.

He again didn't respond. Now it really looked like he was taken aback. He actually got my point.

"Are you..." he cleared his throat and continued again "are you sure about it??"

"Without a doubt" I replied the next instant.

A hint of hurt crossed his features.

Was he hurt because I didn't want to share my room with him?

It can't be! There has to be some other reason

Of course, he has to lie to his parents and hide the fact that we don't share the same room. That was the reason he was hurt. Because, it would hurt him to lie to his parents!

But, what about me??

Why was he lying and hiding things from me?

It hurt me that even his concern for me was fake.

***

After we had our dinner, I relaxed on the couch, watching The vampire diaries. I had missed an entire month's episodes. So there was a lot to catch up on.

While I was enraptured in the show, the gorgeous devil came to disturb me again.

"Which room do you want??" he asked.

He didn't even try and convince me to share the room with him. It was not like I wanted to share a room with him, but if he really cared, he would have definitely tried.

In what mess have I landed in!

"hmm..I want the room upstairs, the blue one" I answered

One of the rooms upstairs was painted blue. It was compact and just my type.

"Ok then" he yawned. "I am taking the master bedroom "he stated.

I nodded reassuringly and we bid our good nights when he left to sleep.

My vampire diaries marathon continued and I had no clue of when sleep wrapped me up.

***

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing.

I sleepily started searching for the source of this annoying sound that woke me up.

I tried to put the alarm on snooze! But, this phone was not mine! I realized it was Gautham's