chapter 7-The Talk

Shakthi's pov

When we reached his house, we were asked to do certain rituals. Every ritual had a meaning behind it. I never knew the meaning until today.

His house was as big as mine. But, my house was more traditional and his was totally modern, but the house had ultimate life in it .Be it modern or traditional, it is always the people who finally matter the most.

It was four in the evening when my sister- in- law took me to a room.

I was guessing it was her room. It was vast and luxurious. I was famished and requested her to get me something to eat. She made me sit and gave me some food to munch on .It was really sweet of her to get me food.

She became more than a friend to me. She was a beautiful person. She filled the place of a caring sister. She was with me from the moment I was married, helping me and getting me things I wanted.

"Sri!!!" someone called her

"Shakthi, you just finish the food while I look into what is needed. Be quick, okay?!" she shrilled.

I nodded, smiling at her. I was done with the food and used the washroom and when I stepped out of the restroom, Sri was already waiting for me with a gorgeous saree in her hand.

"Wear this and get dressed, Shakthi! People from your house might come any time!"

"Okay!" I shrieked, getting the silk saree from her.

It was just too beautiful for words. It was an ink blue saree with a beautiful and an elegant peacock on the pallu. It was just marvelous. I couldn't ask for better.

I quickly changed and draped the saree neatly around my body. I braided my hair neatly again and just gave final light touches to my makeup. Just when I was done, there was a knock on the door

I opened it to find Sri waiting for me "Shakthi, you look gorgeous! Simply wow!" she shouted.

"Shh!! People are there!" I silenced her, not wanting to grab attention.

Sri was followed by my mother-in-law "Shakthi, dear! Shall we go?? Your relatives have arrived!" She suggested

This ritual was that the groom's family was inviting the bride's family for a dinner so that the bride's family can be assured of how well their girl was being taken care of.

***

I was talking with my friends and cousins and out of nowhere they pulled Gautham into the conversation which soon turned into a photo session.

It was really awkward when my friends were pushing me closer to Gautham, making me embarrassed. It was getting onto my nerves. I tried my best to stay calm.

Just this day, and no more teasing! I kept telling myself.

We then had our dinner and soon the time arrived for my family, relatives and friends to leave.

My mom suddenly wanted to talk to me. "Shakthi..erm..Actually"

"What is it, mom??" I was concerned

"Be careful, Shakthi! This relationship is the most delicate relationship. Be very careful with your words!" it looked like she was deviating from the topic.

"Mom !come to the point!" I was curious to know what she was trying to say.

"Shakthi..Today is your wedding night! Do you know what you are-"

I started laughing and she stopped in the midway. She was trying to give me a sex talk! She still thought I was her little innocent daughter!

She looked at me in confusion.