chapter 6-First Conflict

Shakthi's pov

I didn't know why! But, after that I didn't look at Gautham.

Though we were together for doing all the rituals, I didn't bother to look at him.

You can even call it as frustration. If not for him, I wouldn't have been separated from my family. I was agitated.

Even during lunch, when Gautham was asked to feed me sweets, I was grumpy. He smiled while feeding me, but in turn I did something stupid!

"Stop smiling, will you?!" I snapped

I was already depressed, thinking of the separation that I was going to face! My family; with them I have spent twenty five years of my life and I was going to leave them and he kept smiling from morning. Won't I get annoyed?

From that moment he also had a scowl on his face. But, I had so much to worry about than to give a damn about his feelings at this time.

***

It was almost evening. It was time for me to leave my parents and go to my new house that was Gautham's; which was at his native place.

I hugged my mom "I don't want to leave you all, mom! Please!" I pleaded, though I knew it would be of no use.

"Shakthi, marriage is a part of every girl's life! Every girl has to leave her family at one point"

"That is why I never wanted to marry!!" I cried harder

"No, dear! You will not regret this decision ever and why are you even worrying?? We are in the same city, so you can meet us whenever you want!" she consoled me.

It made sense. I nodded and smiled at her through the tears, while I wiped her tears.

My father gave me the strength to face my life. Be it my studies, my work, anything and everything. He was my strength and would always be.

I hugged him "take care of your health, dad and you know that I won't be there to remind you about your tablets. So don't forget!" I sobbed again.

He nodded with a smile and gave me an encouraging pat on my back.

"Shakthi! Just remember one thing in life! Don't give up at any point! It is your life; live it the way you want!"

"Gautham, she is my princess. I am giving her to you, trusting you totally. Please treat her like a queen"

My cries became even harder after listening to my father's emotional words. I didn't pay attention to Gautham's words and my emotions took over me while I missed their small father-in-law and son-in law moment.

I smiled at my dad and hugged him once more "love you, dad" I whispered.

I saw my brother waiting to have last minute words with me "listen, Arun! I will whack you up if you don't take care of my parents properly"He laughed.

"Of course, Shakthi! And don't forget that you always have a brother to talk to, when you are in need!"I chuckled at his emotional words. I didn't know that my brother had grown up so much. We hugged each other.

I also bid my byes to my grandparents, aunts, uncles and my dearest cousins.

After the last minute talks, we were taken to the parking lot.

The car arrived .Gautham and I sat inside with the chauffeur in front.

My luggage was loaded in the car and it came to life. It was going to be a long drive.

I was now settled and my tears also dried up.

Fifteen minutes had gone by since the car came to life, but not a single word was exchanged. The car was fill dead silence which was really awkward. He didn't even bother to console me. How insensitive can a person be??

I looked at him. He grimaced at his phone. It wasn't he who left his family. It was me who had to bear such pain. Why was he annoyed? If someone should be annoyed, it should be me!

Oh wait!!

I snapped at him during lunch and that was why he didn't utter a single word.

Should I even apologize? It was not his mistake for not understanding me. We hardly knew each other. So I really can't expect him to know my feelings

"Gautham??" I called him as softly as possible.

I had never been so soft ,ever. What not this man was making me do?

He didn't reply. He pretended as if I didn't even exist!

I made another try "Gautham??" this time I was a bit louder.

"What??"He barked.

Shit! What was that?

"Excuse me?" my anger was boiling

He looked at me questioningly.

"It was your mistake! You couldn't even understand what a girl had to undergo when she leaves her parents and all the while you kept smiling and when I was trying to apologize since I thought I was rude, you are shouting at me??"

I knew I shouldn't have been rude to him. I could have been more polite! But, he was only making it worse.

His expressions slowly changed after my outburst. It softened, like he realized something.

Didn't he realize that the moment I snapped at him during lunch? It took him so long?

"Shakthi, I am totally sorry! I really am! I totally misunderstood!" His tone was sincere.

"It is fine this time, Gautham! And let me make it very clear!! I am not a girl who will put up with all what you do. If I am wrong I will apologize, if I am not, I will stand for myself and I will not compromise at all!!" I literally warned him.

He chuckled...

I was serious and he was laughing!

"I am serious! Why are you laughing??"

"You can turn into a lioness anytime!!" he stated as if it were a fact.

"Oh yes! Don't underestimate me!" I joined him, laughing hard.

"So, do you want to work further??" he asked

"Of course, out of question! Why??" his question was ridiculous

I was amused. I wouldn't choose such a difficult profession if I were to sit at home and hatch eggs.

"I was just curious, because many girls will want to enjoy their married lives without work pressure"

"Do you think it would be wise of me to quit my job??And wait, whatever answer you give won't change my decision of me continuing my job" He smirked

"No! It is not about you quitting your job or anything. I was just thinking, you know, maybe we can start a firm together??"

That was really unexpected of him.

The firm was my dream, but I think it should wait.

"Gautham! I am totally fine with the firm idea. But, I think we need more experience, say at least five more years!" I suggested.

"You are right! That will do and it looks like you are fully planned!!" I laughed.

"Sure thing!!" I rolled my eyes.

Soon we started receiving calls from our friends, congratulating us. His friends spoke to mine and mine to his.

The time flew as we reached his house.

hey guys!! was it good?? i am just waiting for some frank response badly!!plz do temme!