Choices

Kibum stopped in front of the hospital's entrance, not going in. He turned around when he heard a familiar voice.

"I see, you still hate the hospital." Key smiled at the man who was talking to him. It was a young, good looking man in a white coat, obviously a doctor.

"Good morning, Yesung hyung," Kibum greeted the man politely and bowed. Yesung was young, yet really talented. He had been Key's doctor for years. He had helped Kibum a lot, and had become a friend of Key. Yesung felt really sorry for the younger boy, as he had this awful illness. That was why he was doing his best to find a way to cure it.

"Good morning. Why are you here so early? It's not even 7 o'clock." Yesung asked.

"Yeah, I had to leave the house before Taemin woke up." Key answered.

"You still haven't told him?"

"I don't know how. It's cruel to raise his hopes, when I wasn't sure if he should have any." Kibum said.

"Speaking of hope, I have news for you.' Yesung said cheerfully. At that, Key's face lit up.

"Really? What news?" He asked curiously.

"Let's go in first. There is something in my office I want to show you."

"Oh okay." Key sighed, but followed his doctor.

"Take a seat, Key. Just make yourself at home." Yesung said as he opened the door for Kibum.

"I am home, hyung. I've been here countless times. I'm not really a guest anymore." The Diva replied.

"Yeah, you're right. I was just saying." Yesung said, laughing. He looked in his drawer and pulled out a folder.

"It's the result of a new study. They have found a therapy that could heal this illness. The success rate is 88%. It's not the rate I hoped for, but it's the highest in comparison to the others." The doctor said, handing the folder to Kibum.

Key looked at it and after a few minutes he asked.

"What if it won't work on me? What'll happen if the therapy fails?"

The doctor looked at Kibum with sad eyes, causing the younger boy to feel afraid.

"What will happen? Will I die during it?" Key asked quietly.

"It's not a surgery. You' won't die during it, but..."

"But what?" Key asked, almost yelling at Yesung. He wasn't able to hold back anymore. He wanted to know. He needed to know.

"It could shorten the rest of your lifetime, and the time that you do have will be very... painful." The doctor said sadly.

Key looked at the folder. There were some reports about people on which the therapy had failed.

Kibum bit his lower lip while reading them.

"Listen, Key, I don't know if you should do this. We might find a better option, or they might find a way to improve it. Maybe we should wait." Yesung said.

"Hyung, in case you haven't noticed yet, my time is running out. I can't wait anymore." Key replied.

"Kibum, didn't you listen to me? The consequences are—"

The Diva cut off Yesung , not wanting to hear anymore.

"Hyung, my time is short enough, it can't be shorter. I've been living in pain my whole life anyway. I can handle it. It's worth a try."

The doctor sighed, and then nodded in understanding.

"It's your life, and your choice. Whatever you choose, I'll support you." He said.

"Thank you." The younger boy replied.

"There is only one problem." Yesung spoke again.

"What is it?"

"The therapy is new, and it's really expensive. I know you've saved up money, but I'm afraid it won't be enough."

Key lowered his head, thinking about something that made him look even sadder.

"Don't worry. I'll get the money."

"What? How? Where are you going to get so much money?" The doctor asked in shock.

"From a Dino." Kibum said, forcing a smile onto his face.