S I X

"Wife?" Bradley asked, tilting his head to the side in wonder. He'd never really thought about getting married but for some reason the idea of spending the rest of his life with Stefani didn't scare him at all.

Stefani blushed and cleared her throat. "I'll see if mom needs help in the kitchen?" She quickly unwrapped her arms from his body and turned to basically run away. She needed a filter. It's like she couldn't keep her mouth shut for once.

Bradley chuckled and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind, keeping her with him. "No, no, no! You don't get to run away anymore. You've got to start communicating with me from now on." He laughed, feeling her relax inside of his embrace. He placed his chin on her shoulder after he pressed a soft kiss to her neck. Getting to be this close to her again felt good and he never wanted to let her go again.

Stefani turned her head to look at him and shrugged. "What do you want me to say?" She mumbled. She never really thought about getting married (despite having been engaged previously), but she also never thought she'd have a baby. The thought of settling down didn't scare her as much as it did before, now that she was with Bradley. He could really be the one for her.

"Do you want to get married?" He asked.

Stefani giggled. "Is this a proposal? Because if it is then it's shit." She teased.

Bradley laughed and tickled her side, making her burst out into a fit of laughter. "Stop joking! It was a serious question."

Stefani shrugged with a smile on her face. She turned in his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Never thought about getting married, to be honest. I was engaged before, yes, but it wasn't really thought through and I kinda knew that Chris and I wouldn't work out in the end. He proposed in front of everyone and I just couldn't say no to be honest." She sighed, remembering that moment. It felt rushed. They had been dating for less than three months before he suddenly got down on one knee and proposed to her in front of her friends, family and strangers inside of a restaurant she regularly went to whenever she was in New York. She couldn't say no. The cameras were already on her and she was Lady Gaga, she didn't want to imagine the drama it would've caused had she said no.

Bradley placed a gentle kiss on her lips. "I love you." He said. "I don't want to pressure you at all, I hope you know that."

She nodded and gently rubbed his shoulders. "I know." She paused, getting lost in his eyes for a moment. "I love you." Right in that moment she knew that if he'd dropped down on one knee and proposed to her that second, she would've said yes in a heartbeat.

"Dinner is ready!" Cynthia said, smiling when her eyes landed on Stefani and Bradley. She noticed how much happier Stefani looked already. Her skin was glowing, her eyes glossy again. She looked alive again and Cynthia couldn't have been more relieved.

Bradley grabbed Stefani's hand and guided her to the dining room, smiling when they sat down close to each other. "It looks amazing, Cynthia. Thank you."

"Excuse me? I helped too!" Natali complained, making Cynthia roll her eyes and Bradley chuckle.

"Thank you, Natali." He smiled, placing some pasta on Stefani's plate first.

They ate while getting to know each other a bit more, laughing and smiling all the way through. Stefani felt safe and content next to Bradley who sometimes held her hand or rubbed her knee to let her know he was there with her. They had a strong connection even when they weren't looking at each other.
She loved how easily him and her family got along and how they seemed to love him already. They'd never warmed up to one of her boyfriends this fast.

"Mom, stop feeding him more chocolate cake, he'll explode!" Stefani giggled when Bradley continued eating so he wouldn't offend her mother even though he was more than full already.

Cynthia laughed and nodded. "To be honest, I just wanted to see if he'd keep eating or tell me he was full eventually." She shrugged.

Bradley put the fork down and groaned. "Really? I think I'll be sick."

Stefani rubbed his back and put her head on his shoulder with a laugh escaping her lips. "I love you." She mumbled, watching Natali and Cynthia clean up the table.

Bradley turned his head to the side so he could look at her and smiled widely. He threw an arm around her, traced her shoulder with his fingers and placed a gentle kiss to her lips. "I love you too."

Literally a filler chapter I'm sorry haha I'm super unmotivated and depressed right now so I couldn't really write much or move on with the story line too much.