Date Night

A knock came to the sanctum doors. My father opened them, Peter standing at the doors. He was in comfortable, yet semi-formal clothes.

"Hello, Peter," my father said. "Come in."

"Thank you, Dr. Strange," Peter said respectfully.

I smiled as I walked into view, Peter smiling gently back at me. "Ready?" He asked.

"Yes," I replied. "If dad is ready to let me go, that is."

My father laughed. "Go ahead, kids. Stay out of trouble and be home before 11. Got it?"

"Yes, sir," Peter said with a smile. "Thank you."

My father chuckled. "Get out of here, you two."

"Come on, Peter, he might keep us here forever if we don't leave now," I said, taking his hand and walking out with him. "Bye dad!"

"Bye kids," he said, shutting the door behind us.

Peter smiled a bit as we walked down the sidewalk. "Your dad is great," he said softly.

"Yeah, I'm glad I found him. And that he decided to keep me."

"I am too," he replied with a smile. "I wouldn't be where I am today without you."

"Sure you would," I said. "You're Peter Parker!"

We laughed together as we moved down the sidewalk.

---------------------

Smiling, we sat together in the movie theater. It was almost empty, considering most people were at the club on Friday nights. Only a few others sat in the theater, one being an elderly couple, a few women, and one man near the back. Peter and I took a seat near the middle of the theater. He held my hand gently, and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

Just as the movie began, the screen suddenly went dark. I sat up, looking around. Something didn't feel right, and Peter felt it too. "Kate?"
he whispered, holding my hand. The lights came up in the theater, a loudspeaker sounding out.

"I apologize ladies and gentlemen, we are experiencing... Technical difficulties." I could almost hear his sly smirk.

The group of women stood with scoffs, oblivious to any danger that may be lurking. They moved toward the back of the theater, but were displeased to find the doors locked. They rattled them and banged and shouted, but it was no use. The man in the back stood, taking off his hood. His smirk was malicious as he moved toward the front.

However, the man stopped halfway. He turned his head to me, looking at me with somewhat hungry eyes. I held Peter's hand tighter, standing in panic. He did as well, trying to get me behind him. The man started down our row, Peter pushing me backwards. He kept himself between the man and me, but he pulled out a gun. "Give her to me," he growled.

"No," Peter spat back, keeping me close behind him.

"Fine, then I guess I'll have to take her," he said, running at us, then jumping over us both. We didn't have enough time to turn before the man grabbed me from Peter and held the gun to my head. "Now!" He shouted. "Anybody here who wishes to disobey me will be the cause of death for this young lady."

"Let her go," Peter said. "Take me instead."

The man laughed. "I don't think so. She's much more useful to me. Isn't that right, Miss Strange?"

"I don't know who you are!" I replied desperately.

"Oh, but your father does. And he will pay for the murder of my brother."