Prologue

**Alright some of the refrences are made to media that are out today. Such as cars, movies, music, etc.**

You Da One...

                     Prologue:

Farrod, also known as "Black Zeus" POV:

I hear a soft sigh as Laina lays her head on my chest. I look over at her sleeping; I rub her protruding belly and kiss her forehead. Ever since I met Laina, my life has been different. Javier and her parents passed and Javi got full custody of her. Even though she was almost eighteen and has a sort of nanny. When she met me at the funeral, she was distant. She doesn't even remember meeting me there..  Javi said she hadn't cried...yet.

Flashback:

"I can't believe they're gone..."I say to Javi. His parents were like a second set for me. They kind of accepted me in when my parents died. Its like going through this all over again.

"You can't believe it? More like Laina can't. She's like a zombie. She eats, sleeps and all that. But it's like she's on autopilot or something. No emotion, no soul. Nothing. She hasn't spoken a word since the doctors told us."Javier says, staring off into space.

"Damn, that's fucked up."I say.

"Hell yeah it is. I want my baby sister back. Its like her body is here but her soul is gone."He says. I nod, trying to hold it together.

"Javi, Zeus...it's time to go to the funeral."Mickey, Laina's nanny type person says walking in the room.

"A'ight...she in the car?"Javi asks. She sighs nodding sadly.

At the Funeral:

"She hasn't said anything. Not even shed a tear."Mickey says, worriedly looking at Laina.

"Maybe she's just tryna process it."Javi says trying to accept this. I pat his back, trying to comfort him.

"Would anyone else like to say anything?"The pastor ask. All of a sudden Laina stands up. There's an audible gasp throughout the church. She walks up to the podium.

"First I wanna say thank you everyone for coming out here today...to be honest...I'm conflicted. Half of me has realized that they are gone, the other half still expects them to be there when. I come home from school, expecting them to be there...but there not. And all these people around me are telling me it's alright. And I'll be fine. But how will I when my parents are gone. The best parents a girl could ever ask for. My mom was the sweetest person, and my dad was the world's best. They did everything for me...and now they're gone. But I'll try and honor them...because they would have wanted it. Adiós, mis jefes....te amo."She says tears running down her face. Everyone starts applauding. Javi walks up to her and they walk out, Mickey and I follow.

I soon see those tears she kept hidden have finally came out. But she's in hysterics. She's screaming in Spanish, sobbing hard, all while in Javi's arms, clutching his shirt tightly. He just holds her against his chest, trying to calm her. I see some tears run down his face. Damn, poor Javi. These streets are unforgiving and through everything we've been through, I've only seen Javi cry twice. Now and when my parents died.

Javi starts singing softly to her, it sounds like a Spanish lullaby. She shakes her head sadly, still sobbing. I watch her trembling in Javi's arms. Like if he wasn't holding her she'd fall to her knees.

"Mickey we gotta go to the burial sight, and there ain't no way she's ready to see that."Javi says. Laina's sobbing kicks back up, as he walks her to the parking lot.

"I know, I know...Zeus? Can you take her back to Javier's home?"Her prim Indian accent always apparent. I nod, unlocking my car. Mickey opens the passenger side and Javi puts Laina in the car.

"Be careful, man."Javi says giving me dap.

"Always."I say getting in the car. I drive the twenty minutes of pain filled cries to Javi's house in Compton. It was agonizing for me to listen to her and I can't do anything to help her.

"Laina..."I say opening her door. She shakes her head, she looks like the type to always look on point. Perfect hair, makeup, clothes. I'm surprised she'd make such a public scene. I shake my head, clearing my thoughts.

 I pick her up in my arms, cradling her small, yet full figured body against my larger muscled one. Her sobbing stops instantly, replaced with small whimpers. I use the spare key to open the door, I carry her upstairs to Javi's room, passing all three guest rooms. I lay her gently on the bed. She pulls off her shoes, hiccupping slightly, and still sort of gasping. She walks over to Javi's closet. She must know her way around. I walk out, closing the door softly.

I'm sitting on the couch collecting my thoughts when I hear her hysterical crying again. I rush up the stairs taking two at a time. Rushing back to Javi's bedroom, I open the door to find her in a wife beater and some basketball shorts, sitting on the floor. She looks up at me, rushing to me. She wraps her arms around my waist, crying into my chest...well more like stomach because she's so short.

"I-I-I th-thought you-u l-left m-me."She stutters sobbing. I rub her back, then I pick her up and carry her to the bed.

"Get some sleep, lil ma. It'll help."I say. She nods, laying down, curling up under the covers.

"I'm gonna leave now. But I'ma be right down stairs. Okay?"I say walking towards the door.

"¡No! No me dejas...por favor." She says in Spanish, her eyes shiny with fresh tears. {No! Don't leave me...please.} Its like she wants me to stay.

"You want me to stay?"I ask. She nods, slowly, swallowing. I sit at the edge of the bed. She crawls over to me, laying her head in my lap. She laces her hands together, closing her eyes. She mutters softly in Spanish, new tears slipping from her closed eyes. I suspect she's praying.

"Amen."She says softly.

"Amen."I say. She whispers softly to herself, both in English and Spanish. Then finally she falls asleep.

I don't know how long later, but I'm being woken up by Javi. I look around I'm laying down next to Laina, she is curled up against my body. I still have my dress pants on, but no shirt. I must've taken it off.

"Man, what time is it?"I ask groggy.

"About, midnight. Mmm, Laina was always a touchy type."Javi says looking at her small body, curled against mine.

"Yeah, I don't know exactly what she said...something like. No me deehaz... but it sounded like she wanted me to stay."I say. Javi chuckles softly.

"Man she said, No me dejas. She said don't leave me."He says, shaking his head still smiling.

"Oh, forreal? Damn..."I say looking at her.

"You must do good in her eyes, because she don't take well to most people."He says.

"Wow..."I say.

"A'ight man. I'ma let you sleep."Javi says walking towards the door.

"You don't want me to leave?"I say about to move Laina.

"No!"He says a little too loudly, we both look at Laina. She stirs a little then grips me tightly, "If you move her she will wake up..."He says.

"Ohhh..."I say, nodding.

"See you in the AM."He says.

"It is the AM."I say as he walks out.

"Okay, smart ass."He says turning out the light and shutting the door. The way the moonlight hits Laina's face, makes me smile as I get more comfortable. I wrap an arm around her, as she lays on my bare chest. I pull the cover over us. Maybe this is the start of something different....better.