Chapter 1:

**Some refrences are made to media out today.  Such as cars, movies, music etc.**

Chapter 1:

February, 2005:

"¡Laina Maria Gonzalez si usted no recibe su culo poco yo voy a vencer a la mierda fuera de él!"I hear my 24 year old, older brother yell. {If you don't get your little ass up, I'm going to beat the shit out of it!} I cover my ears with one of my new throw pillows.

"¡Callaté! ¡Usted no es el jefe de mí!"I yell {Shut up! You're not the boss of me!}

"Actually I am. So get up, brush ya teeth, wash ya stanky booty, get dressed and eat, so yo can go to school."He says, coming in the room, then ripping the cover off me. I groan, I've been living with my brother for a week now. He's always with his friends, or whatever his crew, gang. I don't even know, but they're always here. And I know they do some illegal shit. I'm not stupid.

"Why can't Mickey just home school me, like Ma did?"I say pouting up at him. Mickey is my sort of nanny, maid, cook. She has watched me grow up, and she always helps. She just sort of stays in the background. I know y'all like why a seventeen year old need a nanny? Well she's always been there, so if it works why mess it up? Javier sighs, scratching the back of his neck.

"I miss them too but we both know Mickey is really not qualified to do that, let alone handle you..."Javier says.

"Fine."I say, getting up.

“But how am I supposed to know what to do? I’ve never been to school before?”

“We gotta meet the principal today...”He explains.

“I on’t wanna do this...”I whine.

"Mickey's making pancakes..."He bribes. I perk up.

"Give me forty-five minutes."I say pushing him out of the room.

I run into the hallway bathroom, doing my business, then washing my face and brushing my teeth then hop in the shower. I wash up with my favorite body wash, secret escape which smells like berries, watermelon and vanilla. Then I shave under my arms and my legs all the up to my thighs. Then I shampoo my hair with some of my favorite shampoo, this Garnier frutis. It smells beautiful. I finish with some leave-in conditioner and turn off the shower. I pat dry my skin, leaving it damp, then I put on some baby oil. I look around for my robe. Shit must've forgot it again. I shrug and wrap the short white towel around my body, and walk out, bumping into someone.

"Oh my bad lil ma."A deep man voice says. I look way up, to meet his super light hazel eyes. He has long dreads, and full lips. I don't usually go for his type but he's pretty cute. He looks familiar

"Wait--who are you?"I say confused. He sighs looking down, but shrugs it off. I wonder what that’s about.

"My name's Farrod but my friends call me Black Zeus."He says looking my body up and down.

"I like Farrod better. I'm Laina. Nice to meet you, but as you can see I'm sorta sorta wet...."I say before realizing what I just said.

"Wait no not like that.."I say blushing. He chuckles.

"Laina what the fuck?!"Javier says.

"¿Qué? ¡Ugh, déjame mierda en paz!"I say, before walking into my room and slamming the door. {What? Ugh, leave me the fuck alone!}

"Hablaremos de esto más tarde."I hear Javier say through the door.{We'll talk about this later.}

"No we won't!"I yell.

I look through my closet, searching for the perfect 'school girl' look. I get a white button up shirt with sleeves that stop at my elbows. Then I choose a black vest pull over, then a plaid black and white skirt. Then I pull on some knee high white socks. I complete the look with shiny black wedges, my black messenger bag and a black and white purse. I leave my hair curly and place a headband with a white bow in it.

I walk down stairs following the smell of pancakes, sausages and eggs and the noise of guys talking. I walk directly to refrigerator, pulling out the strawberries and Greek yogurt. I get some ice from the freezer then, I set it on the counter, washing my hands. Then I pour about half the strawberries in the blender, then measure about a cup of the yogurt. I put the top on the blender and push smoothie.

I pick up the measuring cup I used for the yogurt, and drag my finger around the rim of it as I turn around. I lick it off my finger, before sucking the excess off. But I look up when I hear someone clear their throat. I see Javier and two of his friends including Farrod sitting at the table.

"What are you doing, Laina?"Javier says.

"What's it look like Javier? I'll be ready in fifteen minutes."I say stopping the blender. I pull out two glasses, and pour the smoothie in them, I slice the top half of two strawberries and then put them on top of the glasses. I pull my already made plate from the warmer drawer, and set the other smoothie on the counter. I pull out a fork, and walk into the front room, sitting on the couch.

"Whose is that?"Javier yells.

"I don't care!"I yell back turning on the TV, I turn on Bad Girls Club: Mexico as I eat my breakfast. The episode was just starting to get good when I finish the last of my smoothie but I said fifteen minutes. So I put my dishes in the sink and wash my hands.

"Let's go, Javi."I say.

"Hol up..."He says talking to his friends.

"No. Javier now...come on."I say sorta whining and demanding.

"Vale..."He says. {Okay...}  I smile as I take the keys off the hook. After a couple of minutes Javier comes out, followed by his friends. He chucks up the dueces before pulling out.