TWO

I glanced over at Todoroki who sat in the playpen in the front of the class farthest from the door. He was too old for one but since his mind was like a two-year-old's, he would always leave the classroom. We tried that yesterday, letting him wander around, and ten minutes later, we realized he was gone and I had to get up and look for him. So now, he sat in the playpen, babbling quietly. He had changed into a two-year-old a few hours ago. I still don't think it's Sakura because her's were random, these, aren't they are more targeted. I don't know how but they are in some way. 

"Get your gym uniforms, we're going to the field to check on your quirks," Aizawa said in a bored voice. He had been required to not take naps and has been grumpier than usual. I walked over with everyone else and picked Todoroki up. We walked outside and Todoroki leaned forward, squeaking happily in the heat. I looked for Momo and she made another playpen, setting it up while I held Todoroki. Mina snapped another picture of me and Todoroki and Aizawa took her camera away. Mina whined and I grumbled quietly. I set Todoroki down and sighed. "Why can't I be left alone for just a few weeks?" I grumbled. Aizawa chuckled. "I'm not even a hero yet," I added with some anger. Aizawa sighed. "It must be someone your age who's targeting you," he said. "No villain my age would bother their time with you." I blinked twice at him. that made sense. "But who would it be?" I asked myself mostly. Todoroki babbled as if in response and I smiled at him. "Your turn, go throw the ball as far as you can go," Aizawa said, tossing the baseball to me. I caught it and nodded, feeling determined. 

I only got a few inches more as an improvement. I sighed as the bell rang, ending class. I grabbed Todoroki and walked back to the dorms. I needed a nap before dinner. Bad. I caught up with Momo and asked her to watch him while I took a nap. She agreed and gave me a sympathetic look. And to think she took care of me when I was like this. 

I faceplanted on my bed when I reached my room. I yawned and turned my head, greeting Sakura. 

"Sakura!" I yelled, falling off the bed. She blinked at me, getting irritated. "Where is Todoroki?" she asked. I yawned, answering afterward, "With Momo, why?" She teared up, "Dad's gone." I frowned. "What do you mean, we already stopped that from happening." She facepalmed. "No. That was for you. This is with Todoroki. He's gone." I gasped and grabbed Sakura by the wrist. "Momo!" I yelled as I ran through the hallway. "Momo!" I yelled again when I got no answer. "Momo," I yelled, banging on her door. She opened it and I saw Todoroki in her arms. I sighed and grabbed Todoroki, hugging him as tight as I could without crushing him. "What is Sakura doing here?" Momo asked. I sighed, "Todoroki is gone in her time." Momo gasped and hugged her. "I'm so sorry." Sakura nodded and looked at Todoroki. "

"He just disappeared. We were taking a walk when he suddenly turned to dust and fluttered away in the wind. It was like Infinity War all over again..." she shuddered. I found her joke a little funny but I didn't laugh. "He'll be fine. We can do this again, " I said, feeling tired still. 

"Not without him," someone said, coming through Momo's open window. She shoved Momo into the wall and pushed Sakura away. Aizawa was right, it was someone my age. She wore a blank mask with a frowny face on it. I tried knee budding her but she elbowed my thigh, knowing well. I groaned and fell. I hugged Todoroki tightly but she chopped her hand to my neck, making me lose feeling to my arms and legs. She gently pulled Todoroki out of my arms and he whimpered, eyes welling up at me. His eyes seemed to glow with the unsaid statement: Help me. I cried out as she cackled and jumped out the window. I found myself running to her figure as she jumped out the window. I screamed at the top of my lungs as I looked for the girl holding Todoroki. I cried as my emotions fled. 

"Izuku," Momo said quietly behind me. I turned towards her, crying silently. "He's gone," she whimpered. I started muttering. "nononononononononononononono," over and over and over again. I ran out of the dorms and sprinted past the others in the hallway. I ran out of the front doors and cried out. I fell to my knees and sobbed. "Izuku," Momo said, Sakura coming up behind her. "He's gone." I cried as a few came out of the dorms. Uraraka gasped and ran over to me. I hugged Sakura. We cried together as I was surrounded by the others. 

I heard the faint cry of a baby and I snapped my head up, not breathing. It came again from the left and I stood up, running over. I saw in the trees a girl running with Todoroki. I screamed for her to stop. Todoroki cried out again and screamed, "Zuku!" I cried and cried as I ran after them. Finally, I lost them. I sat down and pounded the grass, shouting in frustration. 

I lost him. I felt my tears roll down my face as I felt my mind go numb. He's only a child... Footsteps reached my ears and I stared past Kirishima, Bakugo, Mina, Uraraka, Iida, Momo, Jiro, Denki, Sero, and a few others out of my line of vision. I lowered my gaze to the ground as I squeaked out. I continued to cry as my mind shut down. He was gone. They were targeting me. They stole what was most important to me. My Todoroki. My...Todoroki...

Someone picked me up and I knew it was Shoji. I continued to cry senselessly as my mind grew dimmer and dimmer. This wasn't a plan like last time. he was truly kidnapped. I twitched as I recognized UA. What were we doing here? Shoji passed a few students who either gave me weird loos for concerned looks. 

"Oh my god!" someone yelled as we entered the teacher's lounge. It was Midnight. She cupped my face as I stared at her collarbone. "What happened?" she asked. I felt nothing. I kept crying though. They were like waterfalls pouring out of my eyes. I said nothing as Momo explained. I closed my eyes and released a little gasp. "Do you feel anything?" Aizawa asked, getting in my face. I stared into his eyes as I felt my agony pour-over. I gasped again and tears continued to roll down my face. I was numb to emotions. I was emotionless. I, finally, shook my head no. Midnight whimpered as she patted my cheek. "He could still be out there," she persisted. I shook my head. "He was only a two year old. No. He's gone. I'm gone. I want to go," I muttered. Aizawa shook my shoulders, "No. You want to save him." I smiled blankly at him. "Why can't I go? I want to see him."

Momo sobbed and Sakura came up to me. "I need you and Daddy in the future. I love you," she said. Something sparked in me and I felt pure sadness. I started sobbing, hugging my sides. "He was only a kid," I whispered, tears rolling down my face again. Aizawa released the breath he'd been holding and Midnight sighed, still patting my cheek. 

"We will save him, " Momo said, determined, her eyes puffy from crying. 

I nodded, though not as determined as her. 

"For Todoroki, " she said, looking me in the eyes. 

"For Todoroki."