Chapter 21

Type rushed to the hospital as soon as the train made a stop at his hometown. He only brought a backpack containing his clothes for three days since he packed in hurry. He soon spotted his dad sitting by the long bench at the hallway. He slowed down his steps as he approached his father. It had been more than half a year since he saw him. He looked thinner now, probably he was financially difficult too.

"Dad.." he softly called his old man, making him looked up to meet his eyes. Type threw a thin smile. He still found it awkward to meet his dad, since the last time they met wasn't in normal circumstances. His father packed his things and walked away since he caught in an argument with her mother. That was the last time he heard from his old man.

The older man smiled back at him despite the red eyes he got due to crying. "You're finally here?" His raspy voice that Type could hear clearer entered his hearings.

The son nodded as his tears that he had been painstakingly holding, rolled down his cheeks, rendering him to be pulled into his father's warm embrace. He broke down and dived his face onto his father's shoulder. Type was much taller than the older man so he bent his back to hug back.

They both sobbed silently, ignoring any weird stare they got from other people. Ten minutes after, his father had brought a warm coffee for his son who was sitting while seemingly lost in his own thought. Type pulled himself together when his father sat beside him and passed the hot beverage to him.

"Thanks.." He thanked the older guy and took a sip before they fell into a long silence again. Maybe if it was not under such circumstance where his mother was supported by the medical equipment in ICU, they would find this awkward, however, they needed it for a moment in this chaotic situation. "How is she?" Type was finally able to ask since he wasn't ready if she was not fine at all. But he knew he should eventually know.

A long silence was answering his question instead of his father. Type didn't push it since he knew already what state she was in right now. His dad's silence answered all of his questions. The younger man hitched as he broke down into tears once again. His whole body was shaking due to the overwhelming emotion running under his skin.

The old man stretched his arm only to embrace his son. He knew it was tough for his son since he left the family for another woman last year. "It's all my fault." He teared up as he squeezed his palms on his son's shoulder, "I'm sorry son.. I'm sorry.."

Type didn't answer. It was not the time to throw any tantrum to his father like a child. Everything had happened, and Type had learned to let go of the past. So, instead of resenting his father and hurt the old man with bad words, Type chose to calmly ask, "How did it happen? Why were you with mom?"

"I needed money and I shamelessly asked your mother for any fund." His voice was shaking as he covered his face since he felt ashamed. "And your mother didn't even scream or resent me when we talked. It was... it was fine until your mother suddenly collapsed when she said she was going to grab the money she saved in her room..."

Type closed his eyes only to jerk another tear on his face, then he asked his father, "What do you need money for? You exactly know how our financial is, dad."

"Nam is carrying our baby." He said truthfully.

Type snapped his head to the side, he gulped down his saliva and it seemed his voice was flushed down to his system. His father then turned to look back at his son and added, "It's due soon, I was desperate."

Type smiled as he looked down at his laps, "Another son?" He queried.

His father shook his head, "No, it's a girl." He answered.