Secrets

A few weeks past, and Roger and I grew closer. In a matter of months he became my best friend and crush as well. I began to learn more about Roger as the time went by. He was modest, funny, romantic, and a hell of a good poet. My life seemed brighter since that November day we met.

It was already a beautiful night in May, and Roger took me to his dorm for my guitar lesson, we sat, facing each other,on a rug with music notes on it. He smiled at me as I plucked the strings on his wooden wine-colored guitar. When I was done, he clapped and stood up.

"You, Chelsea Benites, are a natural!"

I laughed, stood up, and bowed like a concert master.

"Thank you, thank you all!"

I blew kisses to my invisible audience, and Roger pretended to catch them, and I giggled.

"Ohh so now you're making fun of me!??" He said in a mischievous voice.

"Yes, yes I am!" I placed his guitar back on its case. He got in position as if ready to tackle.

"Well, get ready to feel the wrath of Roger Martinez!!"

I screamed as he grabbed me by my waist and twirled me around, but then he accidentally tripped on his case and we both went falling down on the floor. Roger fell on top of me and groaned in pain.

"Owwww haha, good thing you broke the fall!"

I groaned, putting my hands on my head.

"I think I broke my hip."

"Oh, I'm sorry." He said and he rubbed my hips. His finger accidentally raised my shirt, and his hand touched my skin. Goosebumps immediately surfaced on my skin. He looked at me , his face two inches away from my own. I could smell his minty breath, I felt him press more against me. My heart raced as he got closer, but this time I wasn't scared, it felt right this time, safe.

"Roger..."

I felt the warmth of his lips on mine, he pressed softly, then began to kiss me even more. His fingers ran through my hair, and I craddled him between my legs. After an eternity of kissing, he looked into my eyes, as if seeing all the way to my soul. He stroked my cheek softly and whispered.

"I've been wanting to do that for awhile..." He smiled sweetly, and got off on me, and helped me up. I smiled at him, but then my face changed. Roger saw my face go pale and he hugged me.

"Chelsea I'm so sorry..I'll never do it again."

I looked at him, his eyes filled with worry.

"Roger its not that...its just.." I sighed, it was time to let the truth out. "I need to talk to you."

I sat on his wheely chair as he sat on the edge of his bed. He looked uneasy, as if I was about to tell him I had murdered someone. I began to sweat, beginning to regret telling him the truth. But it had to be done, if there were ever something between us.

"Roger...I haven't told you everything about me..um..when I was 8, my mom married Gerardo...and ever since he came.." I felt I lump in my throat, tears streaming down my face. Roger got down on his knees in front of me and held both my hands, and kissed them.

"Chelsea...what happened.."

The secret was eating me alive, and I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"I...I was raped by my step dad...for 11 years.."

I began shaking uncontrollably, and Roger held me tight in his arms, I hugged him, feeling safer then ever before.

"I'm never going to leave you alone no matter what happened..and this doesn't change my feelings for you at all. I admire how strong you were. "

He held my face with his hands, and kissed my lips softly and sweetly. He held my hand and we sat on his bed. His voice calming me down.

"You want to know my biggest secret?.."

I sniffles, and then shrugged.

"I love you Chelsea...you're the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I know that you're the only one for me.."

This burning passion ran over me, and I couldn't contain myself, I kissed him slowly, and ran my fingers through his hair. He wrapped his hands around my waist, and got on top of me. We kissed, then he stopped. He moved my hair out of my face, and his eyes changed, they seemed to burn into my own.

"God, you're so perfect.."

He kissed my eyes, my cheek, my lips. Then I felt him go down to my neck, and slowly kissed it. I closed my eyes, breathing faster. I took his shirt off as he kissed my shoulders with immense passion. He looked at me again, his face showing worry and tenderness.

"Chelsea, are you sure you want to?.."

There was no thinking needed..that night I gave him my love, my soul, my everything.