separation

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

silver sighed quietly as she leant against the doorframe of the bedroom watching as Dave carelessly stuffed some clothes that he would need into the large black suitcase by his feet ,

an amused smile tugging at his lips as she sighed again but even louder , finally getting his attention like she had been wanting . 

chuckling under his breath as he turned his head and peered over at her , quirking up a brow as he saw the pout on her lips . 

"you look like a puppy dog baby , what are you doing?" he said leaning down to zip the suitcase up once he was done .

leaning back as he placed his hands onto his hips , exhaling in relief now that was done .

he had been putting it off for the past week but considering  the car would be here to pick him up in less than an hour he knew he had to hurry the hell up , despite how much he kept trying to delay the whole thing from happening .

megadeth were touring some of the biggest festivals and shows this year for at least over a month and this would be the first time that the couple had been separated for so long since they got married .

it was safe to say that there was some tension regarding him leaving , silver had flat out ignored him for the first forty eight hours once he told her .

he wasn't feeling too great about it himself , he hated to be away from her and he knew that this was going to be a test that he hoped they would pass. 

silver frowned and looked away from him , feeling silly for the way her eyes welled with tears .

she had never been so emotionally invested in a relationship before that it made her feel almost unstable , she was so reliant on Dave that it made her uneasy .

she had gone from wanting him to leave her the fuck alone , to never wanting him to leave .

she was giving herself whiplash with all these feelings that were running inside of her . 

on one hand she knew that this was daves job , just like her own and that he couldn't just stay here with her here forever .

his band was his life and he had worked so hard to achieve what he had . 

but things were finally peaceful and going good between the two , no drama , no funny business and she knew that would soon change as soon as he left . 

she knew how life on the road worked , she lived the exact same life and it worried her despite how confident she tried to be . 

"I'm just gonna miss you , even though you're a pain in my ass , I've gotten used to you now . it's gonna be weird with you gone." she admitted to him quietly , feeling her cheeks heat up in embarrassment . 

still not used to being so truthful and vulnerable with someone but she knew that the only way this relationship would work was if they were both 100% honest with each other . 

communication was key , was what Dave had told her .

Dave felt his expression soften as he took a step towards her , pulling her towards him by her hip and wrapping his arm around her back .

pushing the messy strands of hair away from her face to see her big blue eyes , his heart clenching in his chest at the glossiness in them .

"I'm gonna miss you too , but the time will pass by quickly baby . i'll call you every chance I can get alright? I promise." he told her firmly , smiling down at her softly .

silver exhaled through her nose, nodding her head slowly in agreement before hooking  her arms around his neck loosely .

her eyes meeting his  "you better , no messing around dave . " she muttered to him sternly making him laugh .

not at all intimidated by the scowl she gave him , instead he squeezed her waist in his hands and leaned down to kiss her .

knowing that this would be the last moment he had with her for a while , shoving down the sudden discomfort he felt . 

he wished he could take her with him but she had other things she needed to do as well, meeting upon meetings and even having booked in studio time for her own band .

they both had there own lives so run , and so the bubble they had created for themselves over the past few months finally popped.