Chapter Thirteen

4/20 what ya smokin!?

***

Pinetree and I hopped off our horses, Stanbear followed behind us. Every once and awhile he would hear a noise and freak out. Pinetree would try to calm him down while I only scoffed and rolled my eyes.

Didn't he, like, study the forest at some point of his life?

We weren't really paying attention to where we were going cause we sorta just bumped into rocks and now we're in this stupid situation. Luckily wandering aimlessly led us to the rocks, with Stanbear bumping his head on a rock in the process.

Not gonna lie, I laughed.

While I was choking on laughter, Dipper sent me a glare and went over to check on Stanbear. I staggered over and put my chin on top of Dipper's head.

Hehe... he's short.

He tried to move out the way but I wrapped my arms around his waist.

Now he's trapped with me.

"Bill!" He pouted. "Let me go."

"Pinetree~ I don't wanna let go." He blushed but continued to struggle against me. "Pinetree, are you mad at me? Please don't be mad."

I rubbed my head against his neck, he shivered in response. "N-no. I-I'm not mad at you. Just... frustrated."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. The will-o'-the-wisp aren't showing up." I released myself from Dipper and looked around. No will-o'-the-wisp in sight. I frowned.

"Come out, wisps!" Pinetree called out.

"Lead us to the witch's cottage!" I hollered. After getting no response I muttered, "Fine. Don't show up when Stanbear's here."

We were about to wander inside the forest when we heard a thump. We looked over to see Stanbear rubbing his head with his six fingered paw.

"Oi, what are ya doin' ya crazy bear?!" Pinetree gasped.

"Bill, look!" He pointed a few feet away from Stanbear.

"Will-o'-the-wisp!" We both shouted with glee. Stanbear freaked out upon seeing the will-o'-the-wisp and tried to catch it. The wisp only wisped away and appeared in another spot.

Pinetree grabbed my hand and ran over to Stanbear. "Stanbear! Stop, wait!"

Stanbear stopped trying to catch the wisp and stared at us. "The wisps can help us unbear you!"

Stanbear calmed down and nodded. We all followed the wisps. The horses didn't fully trust Stanbear so they lagged behind. Pinetree led us... still holding my hand.

Oh lord.

I looked over to Stanbear and he too noticed we were holding hands. He huffed and trudged right in between us. Breaking apart our link.

He had the nerve to not only seperate us but he actually growled at me.

"Stanbear! What's ruffled your fur?" He asked nervously. Stanbear furrowed his brows at Pinetree causing him to shrink a little.

Oh, this bear is so gonna die.

Pinetree looked up from the ground and pointed ahead. "Hey, look! I remember this place. The witch's cottage is this way!"

The will-o'-the-wisp disappeared and we followed Pinetree towards the witch's cottage. Once we were there Pinetree knocked the door gently.

Gompers neighed and nodded towards the window. We both looked inside to see nothing. Nothing?!