Chapter Fourteen

Author's Note: Hello my charming critters! So um according to Wattpad rankings or whatever... *readjusts fake glasses* Brave (Billdip) is eighteen on Billdip. *throws glasses aside* And I have four hundred reads?! I should contact the secret police or something cause it seems a bit strange. Anyways! Next chapter is short and sweet for you critters. (jejeje) Wish you guys well! Love - Charm

***

The sun raised above the forest and light escaped through small openings or cracks. A ray of light landed on my eye and woke me up. I groaned.

I don't wanna wake up.

I shifted myself to the other side and ended up facing Bill. I gasped. The sunlight was making his blonde hair shimmer and his golden skin seemed to shine.

I blushed when I realized he was spooning me last night. He still had me wrapped up in his arms. Slowly, I lifted my hand up to his hair and started combing it, doing my best to remove any tangles.

He hums and leans toward my touch. I continue to comb his hair and watch as his eyes flutter open. I stopped combing his hair, entranced by his golden honey eyes.

"Don't stop." He mumbles.

"Hm, well I think it's best we get up now."

"Why?" He whines tiredly.

"We gotta figure out that stupid riddle and cure Great Uncle Stanford." I continue to comb through Bill's hair and stop when we sit up.

He grabs my hand and places it on his head. "I never told you to stop."

I blush and continue to comb his hair. He makes himself comfortable on my lap and hums contently, closing his eyes and relaxing his muscles.

Wow. Didn't know you could tame him. I know! Does this mean your top? Shut up!

I look around the makeshift shelter. "Who made this?"

"Stanbear."

"Where is he anyways?"

"Who cares?" Yeah, I mean we're pretty happy now. I roll my eyes and look outside to see a makeshift table.

I watch as Stanbear walks over and places a bunch of berries on the table. He glances at Bill and I. When he sees our position, he raises a brow and motions me over.

"Pst. Bill, I think Stanbear set up breakfast."

Bill groaned but opened his eyes. "Oh, he did?"

We reluctantly get up and head over to Stanbear. I stand in front of the table. There were makeshift bowls and utensils with berries placed on each one.

Stanbear struggled to pick up the berries with a fork. Bill covered his mouth with his hands to cover his muffled laughter.

I snatched out the journal and flipped through a few pages. I raised a brow and glanced at the berries. By now Stanbear had given up on the fork and used his... claws? Paws? Whatever the point is he plucked one in his mouth and delicately chewed it.

I nudged Bill's side to get his attention. I showed him the page I was on and he raised a brow. After reading the page he cringed and cleared his throat.

"Uh, Stanbear. You got these by the creek?" He nodded and plucked in another one. "They're Nightshade berries."

He raised a brow towards us confused. I cleared my throat. "They're poisonous."

He spit the berries out and chugged some water from a makeshift cup. I picked a cup up and grimaced at the water.

"Where'd you get this water? It has worms!" His eyes widened and spit out the water. He wiped his tongue with his paws. His panic caused him to fall on the table.