2

Back in my dorm I stand in front of my floor length mirror suddenly transfixed. My long wild curly hair that I just finished dying red -so people would stop mixing me and Amiyah up-  goes down to my mid back and compliments my soft Carmel skin, my light brown eyes stare back at me through the mirror as I inspect myself, looking at my body I frown a bit I'm not heavy, but I'm most definitely not light. My eyes trail back up to my face where light freckles sprinkle my nose and cheeks.

My mind flashed back to yesterday when Greg had dubbed me freckles "anyways" Katie said from her bed, Katie and I have been roomies since freshman year that's how we met and then I introduced her to Amiyah, we stay on the fourth floor and she stays on the sixth with Rayne, I'm pretty sure all of 'the five' stay on that floor actually. We have a bathroom although it's just a toilet and a two person sink, the showers are communal, all the girls stay in the right side of floor and the males on the left.

"Now you have to talk to drake, no more excuses" Katie says, I smirk sitting down on my bed "is that so"

"Yes" she says matter of factly, "why don't you just tell him yourself?" I ask laying on my back, "ugh, we've already been over this your sister is one of 'the five' and you have than wrapped around your finger and-" I cut her off sitting back up "I do not have Ryan wrapped around my finger" I say summoning up a orb of light and tossing it at the ceiling "you so do!" She exclaimed her pale face becoming red, Katie was quite pretty actually. She had think pen straight blonde hair and deep blue eyes that remind me of the ocean, she's also taller than me but honestly everyone's taller than me.

"How?" I ask still focused on the orb "do I have to spell it out for you? It's so obvious, the teasing the not so subtle flirting, the dude likes you!" I sighed letting the light die out "he's more like an annoying brother, but okay"

"And" Katie added "now that your in good with Greg" I gave her a questioning look "he called you freckles!" She defended "Katie he regarded me as if I was a pigeon, I wouldn't call that in good with anyone".

"You are so blind!" She groaned "he gave you a nickname, he thinks your cool" I sighed laying back down, when the orb zipped right out of my hands, I looked at Katie who now had it in her palms eyeing it suspiciously "how'd you get it to glow?" She asked "I don't know" she sighed tossing it on my bed.

"Honestly, he probably thought I was Amiyah" I say as a second thought

"Can you just talk to him", she asked I opened my mouth to say no but she cut me off "please?" She begged, I groaned getting up and grabbing my jacket "fine"

"Thank youuuu!" She squealed Frome her bed I pushed the door open muttering "whatever" under my breath.
______________________

About twenty minutes later of endless wandering I find myself downstairs, sighing I push open the door grateful that I traded out my school uniform for jeans, a sweater and my jacket.

When I got to the stables I froze hearing a few voices and ducked behind a stall "No that's too risky!" A voice I recognized as Drake's exclaimed "it'll be good for the team and we can finally take him down" the other voice said and my breath hitched in my throat at the sound of Greg's voice "fine but if I die I'm blaming it on you" there was some shuffling then everything was quiet so I stood up and decide to enter.

Both Drake and Greg froze when they saw me enter "sorry, I thought I was the only one here" I lie walking over to Pegasus "you died your hair" Greg's voice breaks through the silence and I swallow trying to compose myself "yea", I turn around to face drake "your drake right?" I ask, he only nods "do you know Katie" I ask I already know he does they have two classes together but I was trying to be nice, he nods again "cool, I'm Aaliyah Katie's best friend, also Amiyah's sister obviously" I introduce.