TWO

[A Proportional Response]

There were very few days where Sam could sit back and relax. This was not one of them. As soon as Josh walked into the west wing and Donna immediately told Josh the gossip. It seemed that during Andrea's visit to the White House people had forgotten to notify CJ of the fact that Sam had been seeing Andrea Bartlet.

"You can't be made at me for this CJ."

"Let's see if I can still find it in me. The President's daughter Josh," CJ exclaimed. 

"Well Donna can kiss that raise goodbye."

"The President's daughter?"

"You're not asking me if I would like to meet the President's daughter," Josh joked.

"Do you have any idea how serious this is?"

"I don't think it's that serious."

"Why not?"

"Some things to bear in mind. He didn't know she was the President's daughter when he slept with her. He did not advertise the relationship or make it known that they were seeing each other. He did not participate in, have knowledge of, or witness anything illegal, or for that matter, unethical, immoral or suspect."

"Ok, a couple things for you to bear in mind, none of that matters on hard copy!"

"You're overreacting."

"Am I?"

"Yes."

"As women are prone to do?"

"That's not it."

"Yes, it is. It's always what you mean."

"You know what? I am the best judge of what I mean you paranoid Berkeley shiksa feminista! Wow that was way to far."

"No, no. Well I have a staff meeting to go to and so do you, you elitist, Harvard, fascist missed-the-dean's-list-two-semesters-in-a-row yankee jackass."

"Feel better now?"

"I'm a whole new woman."

"You look like a million bucks."

"Don't try and make up with me."

"I'll talk to Sam."

"I'll talk to Sam," CJ stated.

~~~~~~~~~

Sam walked into the office and Leo said, "Sam, what do you know?"

"It's true."

"You're kidding me."

"I have the transcript from broadcast."

"What broadcast?"

"Listen to this."

The get into the bulk of politics and what was going on with the politics of the President and what other people were saying. They were being baited by another government. Toby was furious and Leo was trying to keep the peace and order.