THREE

[Dancing in the Rain]

Sam opened the passenger door for Andrea. "My lady."

Andrea smiled. "My aren't you the gentleman today."

"I try."

"Many say chivalry is dead but it's just evolved. The old fashioned valued have changed with the time. To argue that it's dead would beg for relevancy."

"I take it you and Josh had a debate," Sam said.

"We did. And I discovered that he had a fan club."

"And you talked to Donna."

"Donna and I are now friends."

"Now that scares me."

"So where are you taking me tonight?"

"Somewhere you will love."

"Food is food," Andrea stated. "I wouldn't care if you decided to order take out and eat in your office."

Sam smiled. "Maybe next time? Tonight I am going to show you a good time."

"I like the sound of that. But really, where are you taking me?"

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes."

"Good now just sit back and relax. I'll even play that rock music you like."

Andrea looked at Sam as she tried to comprehend him. "Are you really not worried that I'll be seen with you in public?"

"No. Why would I? As far as they're concerned you're just some woman I am taking out to dinner. I'm not Josh. I don't have a screaming group of fangirls. Now either play some rock or I will."

Andrea let out a small laugh as she saw Sam pout a little. "David Bowie it is."

"I honestly never thought the President's daughter would be into rock," Sam chuckled as Rebel Rebel started playing.

"Hey, I saw the Victrola in your apartment and played a record. It's not my fault I have good music taste. I'm not a national park nerd like my dad or a science geek like my mom. I'm the happy middle child. Believe it or not I am not the rebellious Bartlet."

"Oh I'll see it when I believe it. What are you doing in DC? You never really said."

"Hmm? Oh, yeah I came here with an agenda, but I kind of got side tracked with you. My time at the nonprofit has come to a close. My father and I made a deal. I guess it's time I come home and try and do some work in politics or the private sector."

Sam could only imagine CJ's reaction to that last sentence. There would be people questioning what she was doing working with immigration when her father was the President. Of course the eldest of the Bartlets married a man in politics, but that was he son in law, not the daughter. He could only imagine what people would say about him dating the President's daughter and Sam couldn't care less. He wasn't doing anything illegal. Their relationship was just in the budding stages of going on dates. There was nothing official about it and Sam was fine with it. As long as the President was fine with him seeing his daughter he had no worries or concerns. The only opinion he cared about was what the President thought, and maybe Leo.