FIVE

[The Crackpots and These Women]

Andrea watched amused as the White House staff played basketball with the President. Toby went on his angry rant about his obsessive need to win.

"Mr Grant!"

"Whoa who whoa, who's this," Josh protested.

President said, "I'm making a substitution.

"Who is this guy?" Josh was confused.

"Mr. Grant's a new member of my team."

Toby put his hands up. "A ringer perhaps?"

"Mr. Grant is a federal employee."

"You know the thing about you isn't so much that you cheat it's how brazenly bad you are at it."

"I beg your pardon?"

"He's got a point there, sir," Josh agreed.

"When have I ever cheated?"

"In Florida, playing mixed doubles with me and CJ you told us that your partner worked at the American Consulate-"

"And she did."

"It was Steffi Graf, sir," Toby protested.

"I will admit that the woman bore a striking resemblance..."

"It was Steffi Graf, you crazy lunatic!" Toby was at his wits end. "You think I'm not going to recognize Steffi Graf when she's serving a tennis ball at me?!"

The President continued with his blatant lying as Toby and Josh tried to make a point. Andrea laughed and walked away. There was something heartwarming in seeing her rather interact with the White House staff in the way he did. They were like family to him and she agreed. 

The following morning Andrea walked into the West Wing dressed in her formal attire. She wanted to blend in with the White House staff. Leo had allowed her to wander the West Wing so long as she did not distract Sam or Josh. Mainly Josh since they had gotten into a heated argument the other day.

Today she was sitting in on a staff meeting for fun. "We do iton the first of every month," Margaret explained.

"We've missed a few months," Cathy added.

Sam responded without looking up from his paper, "Generally speaking we try to do it on the first of every month."

"We've done it twice in twelve months," Toby stated. 

"We're a little behind," Sam argued. 

"I still don't know what we're talking about," Mandy said.

Andrea laughed as Toby sarcastically responded, "It's 'throw open our office doors to people who want to discusss things that we could care less about' day."