TEN

[Daydream Away]

[Daydream Away]

After the state dinner was over Sam and Andrea walked through the garden.

"Y'know we should probably get some sleep," Sam said.

"That would be a reasonable course of action. What happened? You disappeared for like half an hour."

"Some ships left Norfolk this morning, standard protocol, and were hit by the hurricane," was all that Sam said.

"My father thinks he has the power to do a lot of things. He probably blames himself for the hostage negotiator who got shot and the hurricane. It's amazing watching him work."

"You're pretty amazing yourself."

Andrea chuckled, "I'm only human. Even if I'd want to change something that big I'd be impossible."

"But you can still try. Just like we're working on immigration reform," Sam tried to reason. "You take after your father in more ways than one."

"You mean my stubbornness, ability to recall facts and statistics, not to mention my knowledge of the Bible, and strong sense of social justice."

"Your determination," Sam stated. "Your passion. That light in your eyes when you get an idea. The gears in your brain constantly moving and planning. Andrea, you keep creating and erasing ideas in your mind and all I want to do is see you accomplish every single one of them."

"If I have you by my side then maybe it's possible," she smiled. "Although I see you running for office some day."

Sam looked at her in the dim lightning of the garden. How her hair framed her face. "Josh and I were searching for 'the real thing.' I left Gage Whitney to be a part of your father's campaign," Sam began. "My god Andrea, the more I see into that beautiful mind of yours the more I want to help you become the first female president."

"You're drunk," she replied. "And too much of an idealist. No one would vote for me. I'm too left wing for the Republicans."

"That may be true now. But can't we just dream? Let me be a dreamer," San told her as he walked her back inside.

Josh was leaning against a door frame inside. "What took you so long? Aren't we supposed to be reviewing that immigration reform plan?"

Andrea rolled her eyes. "Sam here is too drunk to think straight."

Josh chuckled, "Oh this has to be good. What's he saying?"

Sam said, "First female president."

"Oh that's good stuff. He is definitely drunk. The conservatives would have a field day," Josh laughed.

"Also I'm not drunk. Just slightly tipsy. I'll be fine after a few bottles of water and coffee. Let's get to work," Sam told Josh as he gave him a pat on the shoulder.