EIGHT

[Mr

[Mr. Willis of Ohio]

Josh knew he was about to make a mistake when Zoey and Andrea approached him.

"We're here to collect favors," Zoey stated.

Josh looked at Andrea. "And that has to do with me how exactly?"

"Zoey overheard you inviting Charlie for a beer," Andrea explained.

"We want in," Zoey stated.

"What is the President, a camp counselor? No way. Sam's girlfriend and the underaged daughter of the President. What could possibly go wrong," Josh sarcastically said. "Andrea can go. You, oh tiny Bartlet, cannot."

"Come on Josh, don't be a party pooper," Zoey begged.

Josh looked to Andrea for help. "She never listens to me. All I know is I'm buying the first round of drinks."

Josh sighed, "Well that's good enough for me. You can come. But only if Zoey wears a hat or something. She's more well known compared to you, princess."

Zoey protested, "How come Andy gets a cute nickname?"

"Because Andy isn't a pain and is dating my best friend. Although that last part is confidential. Anyhow, CJ is driving. Don't be late."

Andrea turned to her sister. "Go get ready. I'm gonna talk to Sam."

"Sam's probably still working," Zoey replied.

"Well then he probably needs a break. I'll meet you at the car later."

Andrea made her way to Sam's office. "Josh is taking Charlie out for drinks before the vote tonight. Wanna come?"

Sam looked up from his paper work. "Sure, although I don't think I'll have enough time to get changed."

"You look good today."

"That's what CJ said."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, right before she asked me to explain the census."

"I don't blame her. Why do we need an amendment to say sampling is unconstitutional when the Constitution already stated it. It's so arbitrary and just overkill."

"And this is why I love you. You understand the world I live in."

Andrea crossed her arms over her chest. "Really? That's why?"

"A-among others. I love how your brain works, how your eyes light up when we get into a heated debate, how you care about others, but most of all I love your passion. You know what you want and nothing will be able to stop you when you set your eyes on something," Sam said. 

"Good answer. Now please tell me you're done working because I will scream if you say you still have five more drafts left."

"Five minutes. I'm finishing up this last draft," Sam replied.