FOUR

[Five Votes Down]

[Five Votes Down]

After dinner ended they made a quick stop to Sam's apartment before driving back to the White House.

"Mr. Seaborn, I thought you left for the evening," the security guard at the gate said.

"Andrea and I went out to dinner," Sam replied.

"He's trying to be a gentleman," Andrea stated. 

"Have a nice night Ms. Bartlet." The security guard waived them through and Sam went straight in. 

They parked the car and Sam carried his overnight bag. He was still wearing his suit as they entered the residence. Charlie had confirmed that the President was in his study meaning they would have the clear path to her room. No distractions or questions. Once inside she pointed the bathroom out to Sam.

"You can change into something more comfortable over there. I'll get us set up. I have some law textbooks we can use."

Sam asked, "Are you going to change?"

"Yes Sam, I will as soon as you go into the bathroom to change."

Sam chuckled, "Okay. I'll hurry up. Maybe we could grab some late night snacks in the White House kitchen."

"Work and then we'll see."

Andrea changed into her fluffy pajamas and began taking out all of her textbooks and resources that she thought would be relevant to their endeavor. It seemed Sam was taking his time getting changed and everything because by the time he exited the bathroom Andrea was already taking notes on one of her textbooks. 

"I was just skimming through some laws I think we could add amendments to," Andrea blurted out without looking up. Sam was amused at how focused she was in her work. 

"Should I take a look at those other books?" Sam took a seat at the other chair at the table. He had always wondered how big the rooms were in the residence. Obviously they were big, but he didn't expect Andrea to have her own space enough to fit an actual table that could seat six people in her room. The space for it in the White House wasn't at all lacking. 

Sam took notes the old fashioned way with pen and paper just like Andrea did. He assumed tonight would just be a preliminary research night to figure out what grounds they would ask for reform on. Find out what laws were broken and what needed changing. A total reform would be impossible, they would have to settle for small changes at a time. But any kind of change was good if it benefited the marginalized. 

The two worked for a long time until there was a gentle knock on the door. "Come in," Andrea said.

Zoey poked her head into the room. "Hey Andrea I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie with me," Zoey said before she spotted Sam. "What's Sam doing in your room?"