SEVEN

[Sleeping In]

[Sleeping In]

If there was one thing in the entire world that Andrea loved most it was the art of sleeping in. Sam was wide awake and ready to go when he knocked on her door. 

"Andy, I've finished the revisions that you asked me to make," He said. "Can I come in?" When there was no answer he creaked open the door. "Andy, is everything alright?"

There was a groan and then he heard her mutter, "Damn early birds."

Sam chuckled, "I take it you take after your father."

"We Bartlets are not morning people," she huffed as she sat up in her bed. 

Sam took it as his cue to enter her room. "I'll just leave the revisions here on the table. We have a busy day. I don't think I'm going to have time to go out for lunch."

"I'll cook you something for lunch," she said.

"Thanks." Sam let out a small laugh as he saw her bed hair. It was wild and sticking up in all sorts of weird ways. 

"Ah yes, my lion's mane. Do you like it?"

"It's unique. And thank you for offering to cook. You know how much of a-"

"Health nut you are? Yes Sam, I have realized that. You go to the gym as often as you possibly can."

"I've only gone to the gym twice this week," Sam stated. "Thanks for reminding me."

Andrea rolled her eyes. "Why work out if you can sleep in?"

"One of these days I'm dragging you with me. Mark my words."

"Yeah? Well good luck with that. It would take a miracle. Now if your business here is done, I would like to go back to sleep. Sleep is a glorious luxury that you people have no appreciation for."

Sam never ceased to be amazed by her. "Just remember you have a meeting with Danny today. Remember what CJ told you."

"Don't worry, I know how to handle reporters. I did speech and debate all throughout high school and college. Not to mention my father was a state governor and is the president. I'm not a newbie at this."

"I never said you were. I just want to make sure that you are aware that it is the press."

"I chose Danny because he and my father have a relationship. He is on the short list of reporters I trust. Now leave Sam."