NINE

[The State Dinner]

[The State Dinner]

Andrea's plan had worked like a charm. Approval ratings had gone up while she gained a new Secret Service agent. Much to the displeasure of Sam and the President it was a man. She didn't mind. He was a six foot two agent who followed her around all day. He had the easiest job in the world considering she didn't go out much.

Andrea wandered down to Sam's office with her Agent in tow. "You know I still can't get used to him," Sam commented. "What's your name again?"

"Agent Sebastian Martin at your service sir," Agent Martin relied.

"I was thinking of going last minute dress shopping with Seb before the dinner tonight," Andrea told Sam.

"I thought you already had a dress?"

She shrugged, "I got bored. Don't worry I won't be out for long. CJ wanted to know what I would be wearing tonight and the press is going crazy since I haven't given them a clear response. I do of course do have a dress. But maybe I'll find something nicer."

"I'm wearing a penguin suit tonight," Sam commented.

"I know. I'll keep that in mind. Are we meeting here in the West Wing before dinner?"

"Yes. The President will leave the Oval office from here and everyone follows."

"I do believe you being my date for tonight puts you a bit higher up in said line up," Andrea teased.

"That it does. Now I have to finish drafting tonight's speech."

Andrea gave him a kiss. "And it will be fantastic. I'll meet you for lunch."

"The dinner down the street?"

"The very same."

"And the Secret Service are okay with this?"

Agent Martin replied, "Yes we are. Zoey likes to frequent these places so we know the layout."

Andrea explained, "What he means is that Zoey is more of a city girl than I am."

"Well it probably has to do with the fact that I don't leave the office," Sam commented.

"That is true, but I am as a hermit of sorts. The only time I really go out is for concerts, plays, and the occasional shopping. Of course I can say goodbye to general admission concerts."

"Why?"

Agent Martin said, "Security."

"Isn't it always?"

"Of course it is. Now all I need is to get tickets to see one of my favorite rock band."

"Didn't you get an invitation for a figure skating competition?"

"That I did. Wanna go with me?"

"Take Josh," Sam replied as he kept writing.

"Ha ha, very funny. Josh will obviously say no. Why would I take Josh?"