Part 1

Kageyama stares at Hinata as he jumps around smiling. Kageyama feels a warm feeling in his chest. As everyone places the equipment back in the storage room Hinata runs up to him. "Let's study together tomorrow, Yachi is gonna help us" "Sure" Kageyama gives his usual blank expression. 

Kageyama POV

I press the button of the vending machine and grab the brightly coloured cartoon. I jab the straw in and slurp up the milk. I love milk. I walk back to the gym to grab my bag and overhear the others talking. "Do you want some porn?" "No, I already have someone I like" "OH! HINATA LIKES SOMEONE!" "Shhh Tanaka senpai, you are too loud" I walk in and grab my bag. "I'll be going now" "Me too" Hinata slips on his shoes and runs after me as Sugawara whacks Tanaka on the head. "What are you trying to show to the innocent first year?"

I walk along my regular path as Hinata catches up with me on his bike. "Did you hear what we were talking about?" he blushes. "That you like someone" He sweatdrops. "Look after and cherish that person but if they distract you from volleyball, I will not forgive you" "That's not gonna happen, I promise"

Next day, In the Library 

"Did you get question two guys?" "Yes" "Uh, no" "As expected boke" "I'm not a boke! You are the boke" "Guys! Listen here Hinata" I stare at Hinata as he tries to understand. I do remember him acting weird in front of some girls. Do I know this girl who he likes? He will probably love them with all his heart. He knows more about love than me. If he does confess to her and they get together, I'd have less time with him. "Kageyama?" I look away, "Nothing" "Alright then?" Why am I having these strange thoughts?

At Kageyama's house

I lie down on my bed and toss my volleyball up repeatedly. I am glad I met Hinata, he would happily hit any toss of mine. It nauseates me to think of what I would have become if Hinata didn't rescue me from my loneliness. I guess I need him. I hear a buzz and pick up my phone. Do you wanna practise tomorrow? I wanna spike all your tosses! Give em to me! I smile. I may make it seem like I don't like tossing to him but I really don't mind him begging me all the time. What time?