Part 7

Third Person

All of Karasuno's practice matches were lost today. The team's mood was different, it was awkward. All of Hinata and Kageyama's quicks were off and they weren't communicating at all.

It's the last match of today. Karasuno vs Nekoma. It was the third set, Nekoma was on match point. Karasuno was on 22. Kageyama tosses the ball to Hinata without looking at his face. Hinata smashes it but Yaku the libero manages to hit it back up into the air Kenma. Kenma sets it to Kuroo who spikes it over. Tanaka receives it hits it to Kageyama who tosses it to Hinata. This time Lev, thanks to his Russian genes, who was 196cm blocks it with ease. The ball slams into the ground behind Kageyama who missed it. The whistle blows. Kageyama apologises and grabs his towel and swings it onto his hair and drinks his bottle of water.

Kuroo POV

"Karasuno has improved since our last practice match" I look at Kenma and nod and then look at Hinata and Kageyama who were unusually far apart. "The grumpy setter has definitely but something is wrong. Chibi-Chan is normally bursting with excitement but now he is quietened down" Kenma tosses me my bottle. "I haven't seen them make eye contact or call out to each other at all this match" I chug the water and nod. They have made a lot of mistakes. Kenma turns around and starts walking off. "Even if we did win, it wasn't fun" He side-eyes me as I catch up to him. "That's not my problem" I sigh and ruffle his hair causing him to glare at me.

Kageyama POV

I finish my shower and go for a walk. I hear a lot of noise down the hallway. "Lev! That's cheating!" I recognize that voice. Hinata... I should go the other way.  I feel someone grab my shirt. "Let's have another player" I glare at Kuroo as he smirks at me. "No, I would rather not" "Why not setter boy? Someone you are trying to avoid?" He smirks knowing he hit the nail on the head from my hesitation. "One round" 

"Why are all setters so moody and quiet? There aren't any energetic ones!" "Bokuto-San, you are enough for one team. Having two would be twice as annoying" "A-AKAASHI! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!" "When did I say that?" Bokuto is silent and has a gloomy aura around him causing everyone but me to laugh. "The setter from Aobajo isn't moody, he is actually pretty cool!" Hinata's compliment to that Trashykawa just worsened my mood. "Two 8's Hinata" "Uh I don't have any" "You aren't meant to say that out loud" "Oops" Kenma glares at everyone. "Don't you dare say it" Hinata puts down two cards and everyone except Kenma says "Bullshit" "You guys are so mean!" "It's not our fault you said that out loud!" "Cut me some slack!"

I stare at Hinata as he pouts, I hide my smile behind my cards. Everyone is chatting while I just stare at Hinata's angelic face. "So grumpy setter boy, do you have a girlfriend?" Everyone looks at me. I look at Kuroo with an annoyed look. What is he getting at? Is there a reason he forced me to play? "No" "Do you like anyone?" I put down to cards. "No" "Bullshit!" Kenma turns my card over and sighs.  A queen and a joker.  I stand up and place the rest of my cards in the middle. "I'm leaving now"