3

Chapter 3

*Josh Richard's POV*

I sat there on the steps, scrolling through my phone. I had brought Beau to her room hours ago and I haven't talked to her since. Haven't even heard a peep from her. As I sat there, the front door opened making me turn and look, Bryce, Anthony, Jaden, and Griffin walking in. I smiled at them, locking my phone and slipping it into my pocket as I stood up, slipping my hands in my pockets as I looked at the 4 of them. 

"Did she say yes?" Bryce looked at me with concern as I nodded, clearing my throat. 

"Yeah, she's downstairs," I sighed, glancing down at my feet before looking back up at the guys. "Thank you guys again, for letting me move in. Knowing her I doubt she'll be here for long, but just knowing she's okay for even just a few days-"

"Josh, you don't need to explain yourself, bro," Bryce smiled, walking over and placing his hand on my shoulder. "Family is different, I get that. She's more than welcome to stay here as long as she needs to," Bryce patted my shoulder before walking downstairs, all of the guys looking at me.

"Is she okay?" Griffin said softly as I shook my head. 

"She's anything but," I gulped. 

"I don't want to pry, but what exactly is wrong?" Jaden crossed his arms, Anthony giving him a disapproving look as Griffin just nodded, smiling softly. "Sorry," Jaden said softly, looking down at his feet before giving me a soft smile making me laugh. 

"In the simplest terms, about 6 months ago she lost her dad. She blames herself for it to the point that she ruined her career over it," I gulped, Jaden gasping as I nodded. "When I tell you guys I'm going to the store and come back with nothing, it's because I'm visiting her. At first, my mom was making me, but then I started doing it because I was genuinely concerned. For the last 3 months, I've been visiting her. When I get there, she's still drunk from the night before. The thing is, she's always alone. I've never seen her in the company of another person. Every day, she wakes up in the sand around noon, takes a sip from her bottle, walks inside, showers, then head back out to the same spot she woke up in, either finishing her bottle from the day before or starting a new one," I sighed the guys all looking at me with concerned faces. 

"Listen, we're here for you and your cousin," Anthony smiled softly, the other 3 nodding along. 

"Thanks guys," I smiled softly.