15

Chapter 15

I sat there angrily on my board. Getting into the ocean wasn't hard, the surfing part was. Every time I'd go to get up I'd envision my dad on his last wave and then fall off. I was just in the white water waves, and I couldn't even get up on those.

"This is the last one," I mumbled before laying down and paddling after the wave. I went to get up, the images of the blood in the water launch me off my board. The wave pummeled me. I came up to the surface, coughing as I grabbed onto my board. I hit the water before climbing up onto my board, paddling into shore. I stormed out of the water, angrily picking my board up and walking over to Bryce and Josh. 

"I'm really proud of you-" Josh smiled, picking up my clothes for me. 

"Shut up," I growled, rolling my eyes as I ripped my clothes out of his hands. He and Bryce followed distantly behind me all the way back into my house. I threw my stuff down grabbing the key to my Jeep, tossing it to Josh. "I'll figure out my own way back," I hissed as he looked at me strangely. 

"Beau, I'm not leaving you-" Josh gulped as I shook my head, cutting him off. 

"I need to be by myself," I gulped, looking at the two with pleading eyes, begging them to leave. 

"Let's head back to the house. If you need us to come back and get you, just call us, alright?" Bryce smiled as I nodded. 

"I have the other car, but I promise I'll be back when you wake up tomorrow," I mumbled as Josh nodded, walking over and hugging me tightly. 

"Don't be stupid," he whispered as I nodded, hugging him tightly. 

"I need to do this," I said softly as he nodded, patting my shoulder before leading Bryce out of the house. 

Once they left, I picked up my board and went back outside. I walked back down to the beach sitting down. As I sat there, the same boy from earlier came and sat down next to me, letting out a soft sigh. 

"That was tough out there, Boat," he smirked, looking over at me as I laughed, nodding my head. 

"Yeah, that wasn't my best," I smiled over at him. "I don't know why but I just can't get up!" I sighed, as he nodded, clearing his throat as he glances down before quickly looking back into my eyes. 

"Do you trust me?" Alex, my ex-boyfriend, smiled as I laughed, nodding my head. 

"Yeah?" I giggled as he stood up, sticking his hand out. I grabbed his hand and he helped me up. He nodded his head, gesturing for me to follow him and I did. He led me over to his boards, picking up a longboard as I just looked at him strangely. 

"You ever been Tandem surfing?" He smirked as I laughed, shaking my head 

"Alex-"

"Beau, I do this all the time with the guys. Trust me, I think this will help! Once you get that high of riding a wave, you'll be fine," He smiled as I nodded, laughing softly 

"Alright, I trust you," I smiled as he smiling brightly sticking his hand up. I laughed, giving him a high five. 

I helped him pick up the board and walk it to the ocean. 

"You go on first," he smiled as we stood in the white water. Alex held it for me as I got on, looking at him skeptically. "Good thing your boyfriend isn't here, he seems like the jealous type and probably wouldn't like this," he smirked as he got on, laying on my legs with his head right by my butt.  "Paddle," he yelled as I laughed, rolling my eyes as we paddled. 

"You know, he's not my boyfriend," I gulped. 

"Oh, so you're still single?" Alex laughed as I just laughed 

"Technically yeah, but I'm talking to Bryce," I gulped as Alex cleared his throat. 

"Boat, I know you really like him, but-"

"You know that I'm skeptical about how he feels back?" I mumbled as Alex laughed. 

"Yeah- wait, this the perfect wave!" He jumped, the two of us spinning the board around. We paddled after the wave. "Up on 3: 1, 2, 3!" He yelled, the two of us popping up. 

Alex held my waist as we rode the wave, my smile huge as all the positive memories of surfing came back to me, clearing out the bad memories. I looked back at Alex, a big smile on my face as he laughed, the two of us jumping off the board as the wave died down. The two of us came back to the board, big smiles on our faces. 

"So, how you feeling Big Boat?" He smirked as I smiled, throwing my arms around his neck as I hugged him tightly 

"I AM ON SUCH A HIGH!" I yelled, laughing as I kissed his cheek, smiling brightly at him. 

"You ready to surf?" He smirked as I nodded, giggling softly before the two of us got back on the board, paddling back to shore.